Chapter Nineteen

October 3rd, 2019

Zaivinth

"I want to fight her."

I whirled on my heel. I looked at my mates' challenger, a buff elvish man that had too many scars on his face to be deemed handsome. I crossed my arms over my bare chest. Like hell, this ignorant elvish brute would ever lay a hand on my mate. Over my dead body.

"Uh well—" Sheila's beautiful voice lingered in the air. Before I cut through it.

"Absolutely not." What an idiot challenging my mate. Furious was an understatement at this point. I shook my head, I could feel the rage oozing out of me.

He didn't back down, "if she is willing..." he looked at the king next to me, his voice stopped dead. "My king," he acknowledged his leader.

"No, she is not willing," I answered for her. Her in a fight will end up with her being injured, which will equal to a dead elvish man. I considered what I was doing was damage control.

I looked to Xion who had a stern look on his face. Though soon I felt a human hand on my shoulder. I looked, to see my mate smiling up at me.

    My anger soothed out of me. "I don't want to fight anyone." She said while her shoulders are straightened. "I don't want to end up breaking your mind on accident." She said, still a smile on her face.

    I relaxed my shoulders, I don't know what I would do when we go to war together. Of course, she will be one of the safest ones on the battlefield, her being a shadow wolf, as well as Xion and I protect her. Though I can't help but worry.

    "I will have a word with you after this, it is embarrassing to our kingdom for one of our own to challenge the mate of the dragon king." Xion's voice was strong, his arms flexed as they crossed his chest.

    This shot fear into the eyes of the elvish brute. I sighed out, luckily my friend will have a deal with him. I turned to look at my mate. "You have such a beautiful wolf form," I complimented, placing a hand on her lower back.

    I saw her blush and it sparked something within me, I just wanted to tease and love her. "What to go get breakfast?" She stammered out, how cute. I played with the ends of her black hair, as I nodded.

    "We should get you food. You have worked so hard today." I teased as I started walking.

    "Hey now!" She yelped as she started following me. She latched onto my arm. "I will not tolerate this!" She pinched my arm. I just chuckled as I grabbed my shirt and from the low hanging branch.

    I was sitting across my best friend in his office. Documents were sprawled everywhere. On the bookshelves, floor, couches, desk, everywhere. "We have zero leads," I groaned tossing a pile of paper onto the mess that Xion called his desk.

    My mate was taking a nap upstairs, this week seemed to tire her out. Though I couldn't blame her, not at all actually. Being forced into civilization would throw anyone for a loop, considering that, she is doing phenomenally well.

    "How can they just get away with no one spotting them?" Xion groaned running both of his hands through his hair. He held his temples, "what does this crow even mean. Gods, we have gotten nowhere."

    I sighed closing my eyes, normally people would assume I'm the hothead, due to my hot... abilities. Though the man in front of me has the fuse of a millimeter. He just keeps it behind closed doors, so he doesn't draw anyone else into it. "This won't happen again, I've changed guard routines, increased the height of the trees, warned the people, everyone is on guard and seeking vengeance." He said through gritted teeth. I knew he was trying to hold back his anger. Nothing was more important than family, he will jump oceans for us.

    As I would do for him.

    "Thank you for all your concern, I appreciate it." I started to gather papers together, the little things I can do for him will go a long way.

    His eyes soften, "I'm sorry this happened, on my own lands." His eyes showed grief, his eyes glazed over, he was thinking and worrying about my mate.

    "It would have happened on my own lands, everyone is safe. Right now, that's all that matters," I say truthfully. Honestly, I would prefer this didn't happen at all, but we can't change the past.

    "She's truly lovely." Xion made eye contact with me, a sigh in his lips.

    "Isn't she," I held back a sigh of awe.

    "She's isn't who I thought you would end up with." I perked an eyebrow. What type of person did he expect me to end up with? I never really thought about it before, sure when I was younger maybe, but I just didn't have time to think about it.

    "Oh? What type of person do you think I would have ended up with." A smile tugged on my lips. Xion was already grinning like a mad man.

    "A spit-fire, run for your money, steal your fortune, type of woman." He half-joked. I straightened my spine.

    "A spitfire, run for my money, steal my fortune?" I was almost offended. "Why in the world would I, of all people, work well with someone like that?" I chuckled, leaning back in my chair. The more I think about it, Sheila is almost the opposite. She is a quiet, yet firm, woman, who will over think a situation till perfection. She will speak up when she has too, no more, no less. It makes her words have much more impact that I strive to achieve.

     "They think you're tough." He nudged his head towards the castle, referring to the kings. "Though I know, when you're mate wants something, you'll roll over and bend your back for her."

     Ahh, this is all true. I drew out my sigh, "guilty." I said rubbing my face with my hands.

    "Though wouldn't you?" I draped a hand over the back of my chair.

    "Sure." He shrugged, "to an extent."

    "That being?" No matter how long we have been friends for, women surprisingly had never really been the main topic. Well, once again when we were younger, when we would ogle at the beautiful woman of the court. Though that was a long, long, time ago.

    "I have my priorities." Another shrug.

    I chuckled aloud, "I did too." Inferring to how much my life had changed. "But here we are; worrying about my precious mate."

     "Precious she is." He sighed, jealously spilling out of every one of my pores.

Me, throwing away my responsibilities.

ms-9pnHmZ

ms-9pnHmZ.gif

What type of woman do you think Xion deserves to have?

Poor Sheila, all tuckered out. Who else reading this book is in need of napping?

IF YOU ARE READING THIS PAST 11:00!! GO!! TO!! BED!!

Thank you to everyone who gave me song requests (please give more)
——>

COMMENT AND VOTE PWEASE