Chapter Twenty-Eight

October 20th, 2019

Sheila

It's been three days. He's been asleep three days.

I groaned, resting my elbows on the desk. I felt like pulling my hair out. Him being weak, helping run this country, the constant fake smiles of people greeting me from around every corner. I wanted to scream and jump out a window.

"Sheila, you can take a break." Across from me, Selven, my lord and savior, has been helping me through all this. Gods, I'd be in a ditch somewhere without him.

"No, no, it's okay." I picked up the next piece of paper. I drew it to my face. Then I slammed it to the table again. "If I read one more thing about Kolgrim!" I groaned, leaning back in my chair. "No, help people." I mumbled to myself, I picked up the paper again. Kolgrim has burned a human village to the ground, again. Third time in two days. And it's not like that's the only thing he has done. It's like he is at two places at once.

Two places at once.

Good information. But can we do with it. Nothing. For now.

"What do we even do with this information?" I groaned, as I skimmed the paper. "Our kingdom is fire based, what can we do against fire?"

The kingdom was the supply for heated water, fire, charcoal, coal, oil, gasoline, fireworks, bombs, TNT. Anything you can think of that goes or could go boom, we make it.

Kolgrim was targeting our weaknesses. "How can we put our fires?" What was the reverse of fires? Water?

"Why?" Selven put down his piece of paper that he was reading.

"Could we fight fire with fire?"

"What?" He gave me a puzzled look. It was clear he wasn't tracking what I was going on about.

"He's. Kolgrim. Is using our weakness against us right." I pointed to the paper in my hands. "He doesn't want us to get involved."

"Aren't we already involved." He tilted his head to the side. I nodded.

"He is trying to neutralize us, use our strength against us." He nodded.

"What's his goal." I said, crossing my legs and leaning back.

"He wants to take over—"

Someone barged into the door. We were startled to our feet. He was breathing heavy, "My Queen," then he looked to Selven, "chancellor."

I was stepping around the desk, "w-what's wrong?"

"He's awake."

I was out the door and sprinting down the hallway. I was still holding the piece of paper that I had forgotten to put down.

I rounded the corner, I turned too fast and slid face first into the wall. I pushed off it and started running again.

"Be careful!" Selven was probably two hallways behind me when I heard him. I probably would have smiled if not for the only thing currently going through my mind, my mate.

I saw his room, where he was resting in the distance. I increased my speed, which I didn't think was possible. From the distance I noticed his door was open, and people were shuffling in and out of it.

I vaguely heard shouts of people saying "move to the side," probably referring to me hauling down the hallway.

Some maids saw me and screamed before they placed their backs to the wall. I ran through the threshold and came sliding to a stop.

I didn't come to a stop fast enough and came crashing into the bed. Flopping nose first onto it, coming across his legs. "Umph," I huffed at the impact.

Then moonlight chuckles filled the room. Once I felt like I haven't heard in so long. "I think I know who is here." I looked up from where I was on the bed to see his electric blue eyes looking down at me.

I whimpered and crawled up to him, wrapping him in a huge hug, tucking my head into the crook of his neck. He wrapped his hands below my waist. Pulling me closer to him.

"Gods, I'm so glad you are safe." Everyone has funneled out of the room and the door had closed behind the last of the maids. I reached up and kissed his cheek.

"How long was I asleep for?" He turned his head to me placing a feather light kiss on my lips.

I cupped my hands around his cheeks. "You were asleep for four days, twelve hours, and twenty nine minutes."

"You counted?" His eyebrows raised, worry flooded into my eyes.

"Of course, I couldn't sleep a wink."

"You mean to tell me you have been awake all this time?" He sat up taking me on his lap. I just nodded. I was exhausted, grumpy, and head over heels in love.

"Well besides when I passed out from probable blood loss, yeah." I stroked his cheeks with my thumbs, looking into his eyes. Once I woke up was when I started counting.

    "Wait, you passed out from blood loss?" I watched as alarm went through his body. "Wait, where is Kolgrim? What happened?" He took my shoulders in his hands and play back. His eyes ran up and down my body. He was examining for injuries. Sorry, you are four days too late to scold me for my injuries.

    "Kolgrim got away, I was so close to ending him." I raised a fist in anger. "I've been running the kingdom in your place." I sighed and pinched the bridge of my nose. "I don't give you enough credit."

    He chuckled, "I'm glad you are safe." He wrapped his hands around me drawing me to his chest. "Now you must sleep, we can talk more later." He stroked my hair. I was confuzed when he pushed me into his chest, but the second I closed my eyes I faded into darkness.

    When I awoke, I opened my eyes to my mates blue eyes looking down at me. My body had shifted off of him, my legs entangled with his, my head still on his chest.

    "How did you sleep?" He was still stroking my hair. I smiled, snuggling impossibly closer to him.

    "Never has a better sleep." I said honestly.

    He smiled and placed a kiss to my chest. Then a thought crossed my mind.

    "Before you fell. You mentioned this mate bond?"

Pray for my grades.

ms-CaNohm

ms-CaNohm.gif

How is she going to react to the mate bond?

Are they cute together?

Do you like Selven?

COMMENT AND VOTE PWEASE