Clown Statue

Location: I don't know
Time Era: I also don't know
———————————————————————

This one may be the spookiest one yet.

A girl once was at her neighbor's house babysitting his two young children. The father instructed the girl that, once the children were asleep, she should go down to the basement and not spend time in any other room of the house.

So the girl obeyed and put the two little children to bed, then went down into the basement. There was a television there, and in the corner, along other things, was a creepy clown statue.

She turned on the TV and started watching a show, while she continually was creeped out by the statue. She felt like it was following her with its eyes.

The girl eventually threw a blanket over the statue and went back to watching her show. But still, she felt uncomfortable around the statue, so she called the father and asked if she could move to a different room because the clown statue in the basement was freaking her out.

Here's what the father said on the phone:

"You need to leave NOW. We don't own a clown statue. The children have been telling us they've been seeing a clown in their room in the night, and we thought they were having nightmares. Take the children and get out!"

The babysitter hung up the phone and turned around to get the heck out of there.

But when she turned around, the statue had disappeared, leaving the blanket she'd thrown over it on the ground.