Chapter 14 : Retreat

Hello dearies. So nice to see you again. I hope your day was awesome.

 I hope your day was awesome

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°

He's the cause of intense longing for a lover.

He creates the urge to fulfill an emotion.

His form is sexuality, love, money, or power.

The driving force to quench desperation.

The root of humankind's destruction.

Lust.

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°

"Step away. Now," Zion snarled. His hands had balled into a tight fist.

Henry's claw glided away from my jaw. He twirled a lock of my dark hair with one finger and leaned down. "You had help this time, but I'll make sure it won't happen again."

He gave me a promising look then stepped back, raising his hands in surrender -- a wicked smile still played on his lips. I was totally transfixed by his words. Just when I thought he'll leave me alone, this happens.

It won't be the last I'll see him.

"See you soon, Sweetie. I always love a good chase." He took one glance at Zion and snapped his fingers. Instantly the other crocottas retreated into the forest. The ones surrounding Pedro reversed and ran. Leaves rustled as the creatures bulldozed through the trees and away from us.

"And one more thing..." Henry tilted his head as he had just remembered something. His eyes lasted on Pedro for more than necessary before veering to me. "...I have a present for you, Sweetie. I'm sure you'll love it."

What?

He winked with a crooked smile. And before I could question anything, Henry shifted into a massive crocotta before bounding away. He disappeared into the forest -- out of sight like the others. Silence settled around us, leaving only the sound of crickets and other night creatures. They were finally gone.