Chapter 94 : Story

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°

The first mortal woman in Greek mythology,

A pawn of Zeus.

She was molded by Hephaestus,

And endowed with gifts from other Olympian gods.

Pandora.

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°

Deep into the darknessWe all got lostCaught out in the rainstormBullets falling fast

We all got lost
Caught out in the rainstorm
Bullets falling fast

Calling to the afterlife
Can you hear us when we cry?
It's all gone wrong
Heaven hold us...

A honeyed voice broke through my foggy consciousness; a melody so thick and smooth that it brought a calm tang with it. The deep vocals of a male.

I lay on my side. The soft silk of a duvet rubbed against the bare skin of my arms and thighs, creating a relaxing effect that nearly coerced me back into another dream state.

With a hint of effort, I twitched my eyelids open. Henry sat on a low stool beside the bed. He propped his elbows on the quilt with his chin in one hand.

He smiled, teeth oddly human. Which means he hasn't partially shifted. "You're finally awake. Took you long enough."

I tried to sit up but my movements were restricted. I fell back against the bed and glanced at my wrists. Thick ropes secured my hands firmly to the headboard. I tugged at it. The huge knot never budged.

"I didn't plan on restraining you," Henry said, reflexively scratching his nose. It reminded me of the first time I met him. "I mean, I could leave you immobilized, but I prefer your feisty side."

He glanced at my clothes; Pedro's shirt had ridden up my waist, showing a hint of my lower abdomen. Henry's nose flared as he stole a good whiff of me. I instinctively coiled away.