WereTiger x Gender Neutral Reader

No one really knew your gender, it was hard to tell what you were and you never said what your gender was anyways. Whenever they asked questions like "What's in your pants?" or "What gender are you?" You would always say something like "Evil" or "Doom" instead did saying an actual gender. This of course got on people's nerves, but you didn't care, you just didn't feel comfortable being called just one gender.

You had just moved to China with your parents. They had signed up for a program to become teachers in hopes of getting better pay. You didn't want to move here, but they forced you anyways. At least your family was getting money. You began to rebel against your parents, running away from home and not doing as they say.

It was winter now, it had been two months since you moved to China and you were getting more and more depressed as the days went by. You had no friends, you were bullied at school, and your parents were never around.

You had been spending more and more time in the forest just outside of your home. Now you were wandering through them, looking around at everything around you in curiosity. The forest was the only place you really could go to rest and clear your thoughts. Anywhere else and could get beaten by people at school. No one came into the forests because they were infected with Tigers, but you loved Tigers so it didn't bother you.

While you were walking through the snowy forest wonderland, you heard a pained roar coming from close by. You looked around, but saw nothing. You heard it again, it sounded alike a tiger that was in trouble.

You quickly began to follow the source of the roars, jumping over rotting logs and every once in a while tripping and falling face first in the snow.

You finally made it to see a tiger, it's leg stuck under a fallen tree. Your eyes widened as it was bleeding badly, struggling to get out and even gnawing at its leg. You ran over, getting your back pack off and sitting beside the tiger. It first growled at you and snapped, but you pulled out a piece of meat, smiling kindly as it hesitantly at either out of your hand.

You began to push and shove the tree as hard at you could, moving it a little with each stove until the tiger's leg was finally free. It tried to stand up and run away, but only fell back onto the ground, grunting in pain.

You sighed, walking over and gently pushing the tiger onto its side. You reach into your bag and got out some bandages, wrapping them around the tiger's leg and then helping it up. You helped it walk back to your home and to the shed a few feet away from the house. "Don't worry, you'll be safe into here until your ready to go back into the wild." You said softly, laying the tiger down in the shed, making it purr at the warmth it gave.

You sat down beside the tiger, leaning against the wall and closing your eyes. You opened them when feeling something furry on your lap though, only to see the tiger resting its head on your lap. This made you smile, petting it's head and scratching its ears. "You need a name." You said, watching the tiger closely. The closer you looked the more you realized it was a boy.

"Why don't I name you Hu, it means Tiger." You said softly, kissing the top of its head. Hu huffed in agreement, closing his eyes and slowly falling asleep. You smiled, falling asleep as well and after a few hours you woke up, gently setting his head on the floor, throwing a blanket over him, and heading out.

You walked into the home, noticing your parents were all dressed up and talking in the living room. "What's going on?" You asked, glaring at them. "Hey sweetie, we were just going to go out on date night." Your mother said softly, smiling at you. "Why? You guys never have time for me anymore! Damn you!" You yelled, storming out of the room and leaving your parents in shock.

Your father sighed and looked at your mother. "I'm sorry, they just don't realize our feelings too." He said softly, kissing her cheek as they walked out of the home.

You sighed once you heard the door close and the car leave the driveway. You walked to the kitchen, grabbing the ham you had cooked yesterday and heating it up then taking it out to the shed. You opened it to see Hu was already awake. He somewhat smiled when seeing you, purring as you pet him.

"You're the only one that seems to care for me Hu, not even my parents care." You muttered, giving him the ham. He took out large chunks and ate them quickly, once finished he moved the rest to you, making you smile. You declined the food though and only cuddled up to him. "I hope we can be friends forever." You muttered before closing your eyes and slowly falling asleep.

You woke up, feeling arms around you. It weirder you out a little, making you open your eyes and look up only to see a man with long white hair and tiger ears sleeping peacefully with you in his arms.

You screamed, causing him to jump and hold you tightly. "What's wrong kitten!? Are you hurt?" He asked in a worried tone, looking you up and down and sighing in relief when not seeing any wounds. "Who are you?" You growled, pushing him away.

He frowned, looking at you with hurt eyes. "It's me, Hu." He said softly, taking your hand and kissing it. Your eyes widened when hearing this, a frown forming on your face. "B-but how?" You muttered, looking him up and down. He smiled, pulling you close and cuddling you. "I'm a weretiger, a mythical creature from Chinese and Indian mythology. I can transform from tiger to human." He said softly, his tiger tail swaying happily.

"You saved me yesterday, and for that I thank you. I want you to be my mate. Please, come back to my home where we can be together forever." He said softly, staring into your eyes. You felt tears pricking yours as you slowly nodded your head, hugging him tight and crying into his chest.

You needed to get away from everything anyways, being out in the wild with weretigers sounds like a perfect dream to you. You couldn't deny this offer, so you agreed, running off with him into the wild where he took you to his den, apparently they lived in groups, more girls than guys in them. They only took one mate though, so you were happy about that. You lived with him in the wild, becoming the second in command, him being the first.