Chapter Five - Unexpected Guest

Out of the few times Aurelia had brought a guy home, this was the worst.

Arthur bonked his head on the open hood of the truck when he heard a distant whistle aimed to get his attention. Looking up, he saw the familiar figure of his cousin emerging from the ocean, and she had someone with her.

Arthur rushed over, and once he was closer, found that she was supporting the weight of a young man.

"A little help here," she requested, and Arthur came over out support the limp man's other side so they supported him between them.

"You're back."

"Yup."

"That was quick."

"Yeah, things went a little sideways."

"Okay then. Who's this?"

"The prince."

"Hold on, the prince you're supposed to marry?"

"Yup."

"Oh, damn."

"Yeah, don't remind me. He's a royal pain in the ass."

Arthur just chuckled.

------------------------------

Mera hadn't come all the way back to Amnesty Bay with Aurelia and Orm.  "There are spies I've been meeting with from the other kingdoms," she explained.  "I'm trying to rally some rebels, hopefully enough for an army against Orvax and Orm."

But she hadn't left until she was certain Aurelia had memorized Atlan's final words in the message they had retrieved from the Deserter Kingdom.

"In this trident resides the power of Atlantis. In the wrong hands, it would bring destruction, but, in the hands of the true heir, it would untie all of our kingdoms, above and below. If you seek my power, you must prove your worth. Journey beyond the end of the world to the Hidden Sea. Look inside the bottle for the charted path. Only in the hands of the true king can he truly see." 

"You cannot under any circumstances write it down," she ordered, and Aurelia saw her point. Not with Orvax's forces crawling around. Not while his son was unintentionally staying with her.  So the spent the rest of the journey with the whale going over it.

"But, there's just one problem: we don't have the next piece.  'Look inside the bottle for the charted path...' Orvax stole the bottle, remember."

Mera smirked.  "Then how do you explain this?" She produced a bottle - the bottle.

"Hey, what?"  

"I swapped it - with an old bottle that you drink that disgusting drink beer out of."

Aurelia laughed.  "Okay, I'm impressed. You really are a master spy. I only wish I could be there to see the look on the old man's face when he realizes."

"Why thank you. And so do I."

Shortly after - though not before making Aurelia recite the final words again perfectly - Mera left them, wishing Aurelia luck, who in turn wished Mera luck too.

"Well, Pretty Boy," she said once Mera was gone, Orm still unconscious.  "It's just you and me now."

Good thing they didn't have too much longer on the journey until they reached home - her home.

---------------------------

"Maybe some duct tape?" Arthur suggested. He, Aurelia, and Tom all stood surrounding the table upon which lay the two broken halves of Atlanna's trident.