Chapter Fifteen - Do You Believe? Can You Believe?

It happened so fast Aurelia thought she may have imagined it.  She wished she had.

There was a flash of gold, and then Orm was buckled over.

"ORM!" She gave a strangled cry as the trident ran him through, the golden spikes piercing through his abdomen, the tips appearing out his back. 

Orm gave a pained cry, his blue eyes wide and tear-filled.  "F-Father..." Blood poured from his mouth, spilling down his lips and chin. That was the only word he said. 

Orvax merely yanked out the trident.  Orm stumbled back, bumping against the railing, and falling overboard, instantly consumed by the dark water with a splash!

Aurelia was frozen, so shocked she could barely register what was happening, let alone move to try and help him before he fell.

But he was gone, the sea had swallowed him whole. 

His father had killed him. 

"Y-your own son... H-how could you?" She was so disgusted and shaken she thought she might be sick.

And what made it worse? He was smirking.  The bastard was actually smirking. He had just fatally stabbed his own son, his own child, and he was smiling.   

That feeling settled deep within her again, like the one she had felt when Orm had destroyed her mother's trident, only this time it was so much stronger, so much worse.  She saw red, she saw fire, and all she felt there in that moment was deep boiling, roaring rage.

"You sick, messed up son of a bitch!" She lunged for him, ready to wipe that smirk off his face and rip him to shreds, but a few of the Trench creatures jumped in and blocked her path. They bared their piranha-like teeth and hissed. 

Despite the monsters facing her, surrounding her, she knew Orvax was so much more the monster than these creatures. 

Speaking of Orvax - he was still smirking. "Goodbye, Aurelia. Say hello to your mother from me."

"Go screw yourself." She cracked open another flare and turned and took off running across the deck to the bow of the boat. She heard hissing behind her over the raging storm and knew the Trench monsters were right at her heels. 

She recalled Orm's words from just a few hours before - when he was still with her.  When he was still alive...

"I believe in you... Can you see it?"

Did she believe in herself? Could  she believe? Was it all enough? 

But what choice did she have but to believe? 

She did all she could do. 

She jumped.

(And that's it, you've made it! You've  reached the end of Book 2! But fear not, Book 3 is already very much in the works! ;) I've got a few sequels planned, this one included, so I'm trying to finish up some of my older stories so  I can start those new ones!

I imagine Aurelia's escape from the boat to be like Lara's boat escape in 'Tomb Raider 2019'!

Thank you so much for reading and supporting this story and I sincerely hope you enjoyed! :) See you all in Book 3!)