Chapter Seven

Jasrah's POV
Today felt different. Something about today rang 'trouble'. I had the feeling something was wrong but i couldn't point out what it was.

I woke up pretty much early today. Got done with whatever i had to do in my room before going downstairs. I found Anty making a call and with the looks of it. She was... annoyed, sad? I dunno but her face held a look that defined pain.

I decided to prepare breakfast for the three of us. Cooking is one of the things i loved but never got much chance because Anty always says and i quote "I can't trust a fool with my meals". But nevertheless i still decided to prepare breakfast. I was very much hungry and it didn't seem like Anty was going to end the call soon enough.

I made pancakes alongside custard with dried fruits as toppings. I took a bite and moaned at the taste of the pancakes.
"It's so good". I hummed.
Anty Amina was still on the call so i decided to serve her in the sitting room where she was.
I placed the tray of breakfast on a table in front of Anty and went back to the kitchen. She was so focused on the call that she didn't notice me which was good for me.

Minutes later i was so full to the brim with no energy of getting up. The sound of shattered glass jerked me up. "Who made this trash?". I heard Anty asked. I sprinted to the sitting room and my eyes landed on the breakfast i served Anty. On the floor ruined, with broken glasses everywhere.

"I d-did". I stammered. "You want to kill me, that's your plan right.?". Anty said fuming with rage. "Why should i eat something prepared by you? You won't succeed in getting rid of me". She continued. I felt a pang of pain in my heart. My eyes got teary and i couldn't hold back the tears as they rolled down my cheeks.

"Clear this junk". Anty ordered and walked out of the sitting room mumbling unheard words before getting back to her call.

After clearing the whole place, i sprinted up to my room and threw myself on the bed, crying my heart out. "Why?". I cried. "Why me?". I cried more with little sniffles.

Minutes later i felt drained and drifted into a sleep. I woke up to the sound of Anty calling out my name with anger. "What did i do this time?". I said lazily pulling myself out of bed and heading downstairs.
I met not only Anty but an angered Asiya looking at me with bloodshot eyes.

"You witch!!". Asiya screamed. "What charm did you use on him? How dare you?". She kept on ranting.
"I don't understand". I said.

"Quit playing dumb. C'mon tell us, what charm did you use on him?". Anty joined in.
"Hassan was supposed to accept and get married to my daughter but you had to get in the way and steal him with your evil charm". With that, the earth crumbled in front of my eyes. I staggered backwards loosing my stance.

"W-what?". I asked shocked. "You stole Hassan from me". Asiya cried out. "He was supposed to accept me but he ended up going for you". Her cry not dying down.

I couldn't take this much information so i ran upstairs and locked myself in my room. "Me?". I wondered landing on the floor. "No, i can't get married to Hassan". I cried.
"What have i done to deserve all these?". I asked myself.

After a long time of tears, i went to bathroom and performed ablution. I needed to pour my heart out to my lord. He's the only one i can turn to right now.

I felt a little bit at ease after the two raka'ats i did. Making peace and accepting whatever may happen or come my way is the only option left.
Changing into a sweatpants and a hoddie. I went downstairs and headed for the main door. "And where do you think you are going?". Asiya asked to which i ignored. A hand got a hold on my wrist and pulled me backwards. Without realizing it was Anty, i jerked my hand away keeping a straight face. "You are not in any way allowed to go out". Anty said. I felt a little bit of courage in me today. "I'm going for a walk". I replied nonchalantly and exited through the main door.
"Get back here". I heard Anty yelling but i didn't pay heed to her.

I didn't know for how long i walked but i was very far away from home. It's been a long time since i stepped out that it felt unfamiliar to me today. So much was running through my mind.

"That grumpy looking man that only nods?". I wondered.
"But he's cute". My inner voice added.

I cleared my mind and walk further towards a narrow road. It seemed silent and creepy but nevertheless i kept walking.
"It could be a shortcut". I thought.
The more i walked down the road, the more it spelt 'danger'. I could only hear the sound of my footsteps.

"Jasrah, be brave. Nothing's going to happen". I told myself. But oh no, i couldn't go further so i decided to turn back and run for my dear life.

I was jogging to the exit and then i met two buff looking guys standing side by side on the road which made me come to a halt.
They held a wicked grin on their faces which made me shiver in fear.

"Look what we have here". One of the guys told the other. I was stepping backwards with the plan of turning around and running for my precious life.
"And where do you think you are going?". One of the guys asked. I turned around and began to run. I wasn't good at running and i won't keep up with this same pace any moment from now but i kept on running, screaming for help.

"No one's going to help you around here". I heard one of them. They were getting close and i was loosing my energy. Tripping on a stone i fell, i tried getting up but it was no use. The guys approached me and held both my hands. "C'mon let's have fun just for a while". They both said with a victorious laugh. "No please". I cried, my vision getting blur. "Please leave me". I said breathlessly.

The figure of a man behind the two goons was the last thing i saw before everything went blank.

Yours truly,

Dripped_finesse17 ❤️