Chapter Twenty Three

Hassan's POV
I really had no plans of stepping out today. I felt so exhausted and had a jetlag. Leaving Jasrah all alone kept bothering me but i had to attend a very important meeting. Kissing her on the forehead was never a plan i had. It was more of a reflex action but thinking of it made me smile. I couldn't look her in the eyes as i pulled back. Seeing how shocked she looked.

All through the meeting, my mind kept drifting to her. I was not at all focused.
The meeting ended after two dreadful hours and i was in my office going through some paper works, getting done with whatever work scheduled for tomorrow.
I had no plans on working tomorrow. My PA would be able to handle whatsoever problem that may arise in my absence.
There was a light knock on my, knowing it was my secretary. I let her come in.
"There's someone here to see you Sir". Agatha my secretary said.
"Who?". I raised my head to look at her.
"Yasmine ma'am, sir".
"Yasmine?". I asked for confirmation though i heard her clearly. Wondering what would bring Yasmine to New York. Her presence is surely bad news, she's got something rolled up her sleeves definitely.
"Bring her in". I said.

Yasmine walked in with a wide smile. Wearing a quite tight cloth. I always had a problem with her revealing outfits for a long time but i gave up querying her.
"It's nice to see you Hassan. How are you doing?". She said, seating opposite from me.
"What are you doing her Yasmine?". I held a straight face, really not having that soft spot i had for her before. Besides things ought to change. I'm married and not willing to have another lady in my life.
"Woah Hassan. Is this how you welcome your close ones now?". She feigned hurt.

I ignored her and got back to work. After moment of silence, she spoke up.
"I decided to come along with brother, seeing he has work with you here. It would be a perfect opportunity for a vacation".
"Cool". That was all i could say.
"Why are you being cold Hassan. It's hurting me". She got up, going around the desk between us. Now standing beside me.
"You must be stressed. Let me help you with a massage". She said seductively.

I got away from her before she could touch me, maintaining a safe distance from her.
"I think you should leave". I said with gritted teeth.
"What?!! Are you really asking me to leave? What has that girl done to you?". It was her turn to get upset.
"Just go please".
She grabbed her purse and stormed to the door fuming with rage.
"You really could have done better. She looks weak and fragile. Easy to break". She said with a devious smile before slamming the door.

"Did she just say 'she looks weak and fragile'?". I thought. Which meant she has met Jasrah. I got tensed, thinking of different possible scenarios.
I left what i was doing and sprinted out.
I reached my car, driving recklessly till i reached the hotel.
Reaching our door, i got in and Jasrah was neither in the sitting room nor her room. My limbs got weak, i decided to go downstairs to ask about her whereabouts but something stopped me mid way.
It was Jasrah's voice and it was coming from the kitchen. She was holding a spatula, humming and dancing to a song when i saw her. Having no clue i was watching her, she looked care free and i felt a wash of relief.
'Yasmine must have been messing with me'. I thought to myself.
I watched her for a while before catching her attention and unfortunately she got startled. Hurting herself in the process.

I really felt bad about it. Never meant to cause her harm. Her head was ducked, not even looking at me.
"Jas I'm sorry, i didn't mean to frighten you". I blew her thumb in an attempt to ease the pain.
"It's alright. Don't worry". She gave me a sincere smile which lessened my worry.
"How was work?". She asked.
"Tiring but alhamdulillah. Let me go freshen up". I stood up and headed to my room. Took a refreshing shower and prayed before heading out.

I met Jasrah setting the table. Her attention drifted to me and fixed her gaze on my appearance. I could tell she liked how casual i was dressed.
"Take a picture. It lasts longer". I teased her. Seeing it made her blush, i felt contented. She turned her back to me, feeling embarrassed.
"You must be hungry. Have your food". She later said, trying to change the topic.
I had to chuckle at the amazement.
The aroma hit my nostrils hard.

"You cooked? You could have called room service to bring the meal". I was surprised, never expected her to go through the stress of cooking. Not knowing she was going to feel bad about what i said.
"Well i could call room service and get rid of this". She tried taking away the food but i had to stop her. The aroma was so good and i was so eager to taste it. I couldn't let her take away the meal.

She looked at me eagerly, waiting for my opinion.
Just like the aroma, the food tasted great. I really couldn't understand my taste buds.
I had to recommend her great cooking skills. Making her to heave a sigh of relief.

I was done eating and we were both sitted in the sitting room. Sitted in front of my laptop, I was busy with a pending work so i could make time for Jasrah tomorrow.
Jasrah was too quiet which was unlike her, i raised my head to look at her and she looked lost. Fidgeting her fingers, i knew she was worried.
What's bothering you?".
"Nothing really". She got out of her reverie, sounding unsure.
"Jas. What's wrong?". I wasn't going to let go of it.
"Umm. Who is Yasmine?". I in no way expected her question. I was shocked and worried all together. Yasmine really met Jasrah. My throat went dry but i managed to speak up.
"She's a friend".
"Friend?". She looked puzzled.
"Yeah. How did you come to know of her?".
"Well i met her today in the lobby downstairs". There was distaste in her tone.
"And a user on my Instagram left me quite a number of comments before and during our flight. And she sent a direct message when you left for work to which i didn't pay heed to that much. I kind of concluded she was the same person".
"Can i see the message?". I asked, to which she handed me the phone without hesitation.
There it was, Yasmine's user handle along with her message. I got pissed but i had to mask it and act cool.
"Yasmine is a friend. Her brother is one of my business partners. I'll make sure she doesn't bother you. You don't have to worry about that". I said calmly.
She gave me a nod.

Not really telling her everything.
I decided it was for the best, not wanting her to get engaged in Yasmine related matters for her own peace of mind.
'I would surely find a way to keep Yasmine away from Jas'. I said to myself.

XOXO ❤️