Chapter Nine

Jasrah's POV
I opened my eyes and blinked severally due to the bright light that blinded me. I looked around to take in the environment i was in and realized i was in a hospital.
"You are up, that's great". I heard an unfamiliar voice say. Tilting my head, i saw a not so young doctor.

"How do you feel, do you have a headache?". The doctor asked. "No". I said weakly. "Who brought me here?". Getting the energy to speak, i asked the doctor.
"Your husband did, he rushed in with you yesterday. He would be so relieved to know you are alright". The doctor trailed off. "He's not my...". I began and he gave me a questioning look. "Never mind". I mumbled.

"Well get some rest, your family are waiting". He said leaving the room. I stared into space replaying what happened in my head.
Thinking about it was horrible but i couldn't stop.
I heard someone cleared his throat and that drifted me from the reverie.
I tilted my head and saw an emotionless Hassan standing by the door.
I tried getting myself into a sitting position. "Don't". I heard him say. Resisting the urge to roll my eyes, i still tried to sit. Who did he think he was to tell me what to do.

"I said don't". He said sternly while approaching me. "Are you this stubborn?". He asked. This time i couldn't fight it. I had to roll my eyes and that sent a sharp pain to my head. That was when i realized my head was wrapped with a bandage. "Are you okay?". He asked, i could swear i saw a hint of emotion on his face which disappeared immediately.

"I'm alright, you brought me here?". I just had to ask. "Yeah". He said.
"Than...". Before i could continue speaking he cut me off.

"What were you thinking? Going out all by yourself and to an abandoned road?".
"I wante....". I began to speak but he had to cut me off again. Oh for goodness sake, he's so unbelievable.

"Don't you know what's right and wrong for a lady? And look, what are you wearing?"
I felt a little hurt at his words.
He heaved a sigh and let out a 'sorry'.
"Sorry? Why are you this cold and harsh? If i can remember, I'm a patient on a hospital bed and obviously i don't need any kind of stress". I said in one go. Tears threatening to slide down but i held it in. His face held no expression. He needs an accolade for how much he masks his emotions.
I drifted my head to the opposite direction. "Leave. I don't want to see anyone". I said with that i heard him exit the room.
I felt a little guilty, speaking to him rudely. On a much more brighter side, he was worried but it didn't really much justify his harsh words.

I can't believe i'm getting married to this man. I heaved a heavy sigh and gave myself a face-palm.
"Would my life get any better". I thought. With Hassan being my life partner. How will i keep up with his cold behavior.
"Ya Allah choose what's right for me". After praying for what seemed like minutes.
I laid on my back and drifted into a slumber.

I woke up after an hour feeling weak. The same doctor as earlier came in along with a nurse. Hassan and Anty Laila walked in afterwards. Anty Laila approached my bed and placed a hand on my head. "How are you dear?". She asked with a sweet smile. I felt something I've never felt before. The care of a mother, my eyes welled up but i held it back.
"I'm fine, Alhamdulillah". I said. Hassan was in a conversation with the doctor and after much talking i heard the doctor speak.
"You can take her home now".
"And please have enough rest". This time he was talking to me to which i nodded.
"Thank you Doctor". Hassan said.
Anty Laila helped me stand, my eyes landed on Asiya and Anty just as i stepped out of the room. So they were here all along.
"What a surprise". I thought.
Coming to think of it, I didn't bother to know if they knew about me being at the hospital. What difference would it have made.

"I hope you are fine?". Anty asked with disgust evident on her face. "Yeah". I said looking at both her and Asiya. "Can we leave here?". I asked Hassan. Wait, what?. Hassan?!
"Yes him". My inner self answered.
"Yeah sure. This way". Hassan led us to the exit. He offered to take me home and i didn't have the energy to argue so i went along with him. Anty Laila went along with a driver. Asiya and Anty left as well.

The drive was rather awkward. Hassan's eyes were fixed on the road. The atmosphere was getting suffocating so i decided to sleep for the little minutes i had before reaching home.

"Jasrah, were here". Hassan woke me up. He opened the door and i stepped out. Approaching the main door i turned the door nob and stepped in. "Take care of yourself". I heard him say. "Won't you come in?". I asked him to which he declined.
"Not today, i have some work to do".
I nodded and he turned to leave. He must have had alot of work to do but stayed in the hospital. I felt a bit guilty.
"Thank you". I said sincerely and he gave me a little smile before leaving.
I shut the door and headed upstairs to my room.
I went in for a shower and got done with whatever i had to do in the bathroom. I stepped into my closet and changed into a simple gown.
I laid in bed and a thousands thoughts ran through my mind non stop.

😭😭😭😭😭Lemme just stop here. It's getting hard. I'm sorry for the late update. I've been quite busy (halfly a lie😅😅). Love y'all ❤️❤️