chapter 13: remembrance of the past 2

thought of the day: Children you call them? They can pull a trigger just as well as veterans, and they have the spirit of a bull narthax. Call them children if you wish I call them troops. - colonel Marus Cullen Pannonia 5th infantry regiment on whiteshields

location: beacon

Jaune pov

i was in my combat class and i was paired up against Nora i wasn't much of a fight my aura was already in the orange when the match was about to begin thanks to the beating i received from yang. Glynda stood in the middle of me and Nora and looked to my aura meter before talking.

Glynda: Jaune i suggest you sit this one out since your aura is already in the orange.

Jaune: it isn't a problem miss Goodwitch i can fight.

she nodded before starting the countdown

Glynda: 3... 2... 1... fight!

Nora rushed me with an overhead strike aimed for my head so i raised my shield and blocked it immediately following up with a strike towards her only for her to dodge by firing her explosives onto my shield and launching herself back. i looked at her as she seemed to wait for somthing until i suddenly felt pain in my ankle when i looked i saw a small needle in it i instinctively pulled it out, when i looked towards were Nora was i couldn't see her but i felt her hammer hit my gut and that being followed up by explosion launching me against a wall when i hit the ground i lay there holding my gut in pain when a boot landed next to my head on the ground.

???: still alive i see, you two get your friend to the infirmary if he is this durable he be worth it on the battlefield. 

when i looked up to see who was talking i was greeted by a woman in a commissars outfit, only to be followed up by two men setting me on my feet and taking me over the shoulders walking me to the infirmary. one a muscle man with short blonde hair and green eyes with glasses he had a scar over the left side of his face and had some stubble on his cheeks, this was Alexander or Alex as most called him. and the other was an average build man with a brown buzzcut as well as brown eyes, this was Thox one of the best marksmen in the platoon.

Alex: we got you, brother, now walk slowly we will get you to the infirmary.

i felt myself slipping in and out of consciousness.

Thox: stay awake.

Jaune: what happened?

Thox: you hit a mine during your run in the siege course.

Alex: you should have seen the instructors face when the commissar said you were still alive.

i started slipping again as we reached the infirmary.

timeskip

I and my platoon stood in line for somthing we all hated the mudbath as it was called, we all stood with our legs spread apart and arms to our back looking forward as the commissar slowly walked past while everyone avoided looking at her after what happened last time.

flashback

it was the first day of training we stood in front of a large lane of mud with some small rocks thrown into it, as a woman that wore an officer uniform which we later learned would be our commissar moved slowly past us she had long blonde hair with blue eyes and a scar across her right cheek. as she moved past she suddenly stopped in front of a trainee before she quickly hit that trainee with her fist sending him to the ground once he was on the ground she raised one of her legs and performed an axe kick on his back. nobody did anything most of us were frozen as to how sudden it was.