chapter 17: ...and mate

thought of the day: DO YOU HEAR THE VOICES TOO! - heretic Astartes

location: beacon

pov: Jaune

i and the commissar are watching as James scolds Kaz.

Kaz: but i-

James: that's enough! the sad truth is whether it was an accident or an assault it doesn't matter. the world saw you attack an innocent student. they've already drawn their conclusions. and it's my job to inform you that you're disqualified.

James left the room while Kaz looked down.

Jaune: Kaz.

he turned his head towards me.

Jaune: swear on our holy emperor and tell the truth.

he took a knee before saying.

Kaz: i swear. on emperor. he attacked. first.

Jaune: then i believe you. commissar with me. 

i walked out of the room with the commissar close behind.

Jaune: the team of that mercury boy i want you to keep an eye on them.

commissar Valentinian: isn't that the team of your captain Fall? wouldn't that make them reliable?

Jaune: normally yes. but she changed and i don't like the change or what they insinuate.

commissar Valentinian: would you like me to inform others of this.

Jaune: no we need proof first, then we inform James and Ozpin.

timeskip

i was walking through amity colosseum while Pyrrha was fighting against someone called Penny when suddenly i saw a monitor turn on to show the image of a black queen chess piece.

Cinder: this is not a tragedy. this was not an accident

my microbead went off

commissar Valentinian: sir are you listening to this?

Jaune: yes commissar rally the whiteshields and all atlas troops you can find. prepare for an attack.

Cinder: to men who claim to be our guardians. but are in reality nothing more than men.

i started walking towards the control station where Port and Oobleck are while calibrating my helmets tactical and command displays.

Cinder: our academies headmasters wield more power than most armies and one was audacious enough to control both. they cling to this power in the name of peace, and yet what do we have here?

i finished calibrating and started giving out orders

Jaune: blue 1 to 5 move into position to counter aerial Grimm and give fire-support to beacon.

captain of blue 1: who is this, state your rank soldier.

Jaune: this is lord commander Jaune Arc i speak with the general's authority, follow orders as specified they should be marked on your navigation systems.

captain of blue 1: understood, my apologies commander Arc.

Cinder: and what i ask you, is Ozpin teaching his students? first a dismemberment, now this?

while i was walking i suddenly couldn't hear anything anymore not my own footsteps, not Cinder. when i rounded a corner i could see Apollyon standing in front of me. to say that it unnerved me would be an understatement.