Emmiie fun facts.

Fun facts:

1.) The first three chapters of 'The Not So Secret Life of Helena Callahan' were written from my iPhone.

Lol, as funny as this is, it is true... I had been reading stories from my phone for a while, and personally found 'Wattpad' to be my favourite eBook site. I've always wrote random things, for as long as I could remember, but it never dawned on me that I could make an account and start posting my workings...

Well, that was until I realised just how many inspiring authors post their stories, poems, and workings onto 'Wattpad.' And that's when I felt really inspired to take one of my characters out of one of my already existing vampire stories (Helena Callahan was the lucky candidate) and start a new project of her story before that one. Unfortunately, my laptop was unavailable at the time, and not really in the mood to write in longhand--I started the project via phone. Lol. I must say that it was an interesting process. 

2.) Helena Callahan is a character that has walk in roles in my other (completed) stories.

One thing that I love about The Not So Secret Life of Helena Callahan is that it is set before my other vampire stories, and I must say that it is really interesting writing Helena's story, and then comparing it and the characters to the later series. 

3.) The first book I ever read (and finished) was: Sweet Valley High - Christmas edition.

Growing up, I was never really that kid to be into books, because it "wasn't" cool... Not that I was really someone to follow the latest fads either.

4.) Welcome to the Universe is based from a story my father told me when I was younger.

My dad, Anthony William Lowe (Tony) had a very creative mind, and was constantly making jokes. And even though my memories are vague, I do remember him speaking of this story he made up about aliens...he originally made up the tale for my mum, but then the story was passed down to me. Without giving away too much, this story was about two aliens, who were separated soul mates that ended up on two different sides of the galaxy. Long story short, the lovers find their way back to each other, no matter how far they were separated... And so 'Welcome to the Universe' was born!

Of course I originally started this teen alien comedy as an entry into the Watty Awards competition, on Wattpad, but it ended up being something much more... A story of its own.

This story is dedicated to my loving father Anthony William Lowe. 1959 - 2001.
In our hearts, you will live forever.

Long live the tale of, Pasco and Zaktra. ;-)

5.) I wrote my first book (a horror story about a physic teenager) when I was twelve (still uncompleted).

I don't know where the idea came from exactly, but even as a kid writing horror stories came naturally to me. I think it's because I was diagnosed with anxiety at the age of thirteen, so fear was an emotion that I was very well acquainted with... Thus, writing in first person about a scared character came easily to me (I just wrote what I felt constantly). Today, I have learnt to cope with panic attacks and whatnot, but it's never really an easy thing to deal with, so my heart goes out to anyone else who lives with anxiety. <3

Currently, this story is still on my brother's laptop, and I am thinking that once I am finished with my current projects, that I might just re-write it...just because it was something I tried very hard on as a kid, and it represents the constant anxious feeling I had to overcome.

6.) I completed my first book (the one that has Helena walk in roles) when I was seventeen.

Okay, so I started writing this story after Twilight had come out, but before I had actually read it or seen the movie...because there was just so much hype that it turned me off reading/seeing it. But, then once I saw the movie... I noticed the slight coincidental similarities in the beginning of my story and Twilight...like the cold weather, boy meets girl, and the main characters appearance (which is actually based off what I look like (the average teen) and not Bella). This kind of sucks, because I really wanted my first story to be something original. Of course it is only a few small unintended similarities, but because I am now a Twi-hard fan, I really want to steer clear of anything Twilight.

So this means, A LOT of editing. Lol. But this is for many reasons, and some that aren't even Twilight related, such as it was my first finished book-and even though the plot is well developed-my word play kind of bites. Still, I try aimlessly to salvage the parts I like of the story, and re-write the rest--which takes ages because it's such a long story!

Some of The Not So Secret Life of Helena Callahan characters to expect in this story: Noah Turner, Roxanne Turner, Darien Valentine...and once again Helena has a few walk in roles, but the story is focused around a different setting.

7.) My all time favourite book/series is The Vampire Academy Series (Team Dimka). <3

I originally found out about this series through one of my friends that I went to school with, she was continuously raving on about this series called 'Vampire Academy' and not being much of a bookworm myself, I wasn't planning on reading it... Well, that was until I got bored one night and decided to give the prologue a go. Then when I read the prologue, I was so hooked that I instantly became a die-hard Rose fan, and needed to buy and read every single book! Now, I am praying that Richelle Mead, makes the stories into a movie, because that would be AWESOME! 

8.) The first person to read my stories was Kyle (my boyfriend of three years).

Not many people I know are really into reading, or writing, so it was a little hard getting started. For many years (when I was working on my first vampire book) I asked people to read it, and got the same response, which was... "I'd love too, but not right now." But, Kyle always supported my writing, listened to my inner ramblings, and encouraged me to continue.

If it wasn't for his constant support, I may have given up a long time ago...

But this is yet another reason as to why I love Wattpad, because I am not used to people taking such a shine to my story, and receiving such fantastic/helpful feedback. And I must say that it certainly is a nice change in pace...

9.) Pretty much every story I have ever written was based on a dream I had once had.

^ This is really cool for many reasons, but mainly because in most cases, I get a clear view of the main characters perspective on whatever is happening. So what they are feeling, seeing, thinking... and it really helps me to fall into character while writing. I still remember every story-based dream I have ever had, and most of the time my dreams involve twins and vampires-- strange, eh? >.<

10.) I always write while listening to (loud) music, and normally find my inspiration at odd hours of the night.

This is probably strange, but I actually made a itunes playlist for each one of my characters, from each story, and searched for songs that inspire me for that certain part of the story. Then, when I am writing, I play that certain characters play list. Right now, there are over 2000 songs on my itunes playlist in total.

Some of the bands that inspire my writing include... Muse, Breaking Benjamin, Trapt, Three Days Grace, 10 years, Saints of Silence, Crossfade, Bullet for My Valentine, Escape the Fate, 30 Seconds to Mars, My Chemical Romance... but there is much, much more... These are just a few of my favourites. :)

________________________________________________________________________________