Tips: How to defeat writers block?

Okay, so I think that every writer wants an answer to this question, but everyone has a different theory on how to rid yourself from writers block. Some say that you should set aside your project until you find the inspiration to write it again, while others say that writers block comes from a lack of ideas, so you should probably do some brainstorming.

My advice, however, is to write.

Sure, it sounds silly, but once you get over that rough patch (or as I like to call it ‘speed bump’) then you’re writing normally starts to flow a little better. I find that the more often you write, the easier it is to pick up from where you left off, because sometimes when you leave a story for too long you can lose the feel for it. If you’ve left your story sitting stagnant for awhile, my suggestion is to read over it, and that might help you to connect with your story again.

If this is not the case I’d suggest doing something inspiring. Listen to music. Watch television. Dance in the street. Whatever inspires you.

I find that listening to music, shutting my eyes, and just playing out my story in my mind can help with writers block also.

I wish you all the best of luck! And never give up on your dreams.

Much love,

-- Emmiie. ♥♥