josh klinghoffer x reader

this is very late ik. but it sucks josh is leaving the band even though i'm in love with john frusciante. josh is such a cute and talented kid i really hope he continues to succeed. so in honor of his department i write for him 😔😔✌🏻
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

josh hadn't told you that he was leaving the red hot chili peppers. the way you had to find out your boyfriend was leaving his band was through an instagram post.

feeling sick to your stomach at the news you knew you had to find josh as quick as you could. he wasn't answering any of your calls or texts, you couldn't imagine how upset he must be.

the only for sure place you knew to look was his apartment in los angeles. you drove there and unlocked the door using your key just incase he wasn't home.

you heard the soft and sad cry of a guitar playing a familiar country song that josh loved to preform for the guys and the crowd when they toured.

just then you heard josh's deeply saddened husky voice break over the silence as you crept down the halls.

"don't you hear the stars, they glisten, as we go in and out." josh sang quietly unaware that anyone was with him.

you slowed down your pace wanting to hear more of him sing the second verse of the song.

"and the western path comes to an end." he sang that lyric more profoundly as if it projected the same circumstance he was in.

his path in the red hot chili peppers had come to an end after 10 long years and here he was all alone sitting in his room playing some sad country song.

"i'll meet you tonight my friend..." josh trailed off just as you walked into the room.

the last string pluck off his guitar vibrated gently off the walls creating a sweet sound.

"josh." you said quietly as you stepped closer to his bed where he sat.

he looked up at you with sad brown eyes and shoved his guitar off his lap and down onto the floor to lean against his bed. "hey."

"are you okay?" you asked as you sat down on the edge of his bed. your hand went to his leg and gave it a comforting rub.

he just sighed, "yeah it's whatever honestly."

but you could tell deep down that it wasn't just whatever to him. getting kicked out of the band meant a lot to josh even if the rest of the guys and him said it ended on good terms.

even if anthony, flea, and chad wished josh the best in life and his musical career it didn't mean anything.

they stripped him of his title as lead guitarist for the red hot chili peppers, now he just felt like a nobody. everyone would surely forget him now and his career as a "rockstar" would slip down the drain.

"you don't have to lie josh." you moved your hand up to grab his, encouraging him to express how he really felt.

"no really." he started. "it's better this way. john is an incredible guitarist i can't even begin to describe the level of skill he has... he fits in more. he was there longer and no matter what the guys always want him back. he has a better chemistry with them and they'll make better music for sure."

you frowned and gripped his hand tighter. "you stepped up when john left. you saved the band josh, don't think you were just a replacement cause you weren't. you did the absolute best that you could and people love you... i love you."

he smiled slightly, his thumb running over your knuckles. "i'm scared." he admitted.

"don't be scared, this isn't the end. you still have dot hacker and i'm sure the guys will put in some good words for you. there's a lot of up and coming bands." you reassured.

"no not that." he shook his head.

you looked confused by his statement. "well then what're you scared of?"

for a moment he was silent "... i couldn't care less about the music or whats going to happen in my future... none of it will matter if i don't have you. i'm scared you're gonna leave me because i'm not a big time guitarist anymore."

at his confession you felt your heart break and you hated that he even felt like that to begin with.

you scooted closer to him, pulling him up and into your arms for a hug.

"i will never leave you. i don't care about the music either. i love you for you, not some title in a band or how much money you make. i'm with you." you pulled back to look into his eyes.

he smiled a bit and looked back at you with a soft glow in his eyes. for a moment all the pain he felt had completely vanished and he was sure that he would be fine as long as he had you.

"i love you okay." you said clearly, your hand ran through his brown locks.

"i love you too, thank you baby." he leaned in and pressed a soft and sweet kiss to your lips.

you took no time to return to kiss, it was slow and soft but full of compassion and understanding.

you never wanted the moment to end but of course you both had to pull back for air.

"will you just lay with me?" he asked sheepishly and scooted over on the bed to make room for you.

"yeah of course." you laid down next to him and cuddled into his chest as he wrapped his arms around your waist.

for the rest of the night you guys just watched shows and movies on the tv. josh ran his fingers through your hair soothingly and softly sang little songs into. your ear that were fast to put you to sleep.

as you fell asleep he watched you for a moment and thought he was the luckiest guy in the world.

before he fell asleep too he placed a soft kiss on your temple and laid down.