Chapter Twenty Three - Summertime.

"Are we watching another movie?" I ask no one in particular. I'm sat on the floor against the couch, Mikey sits close beside me, and he's had an arm draped protectively over my shoulders for the last couple of hours, I'm pretty sure that's because Nick has been staring at me almost hungrily. I feel slightly awkward with not only Mikey throwing glares at Nick, but Frank throwing them too, and Nick is throwing them right back. God, what is all the fuss about? 

  We've just finished watching a film called The Decent, about these girls who get trapped in caves full of cannibalistic humans. It's one of my favourite movies, so I didn't jump once, although Frank did try to scare me several times. Kristi on the other hand, well, lets just say I thought she was going to start crying. 

  "Oh hell no" Kristi snaps immediately, I chuckle at her, Mikey even cracks a smile. 

  "I agree," Taylor says lazily, kicking out her killer legs "I've had enough of horror films, why don't we have something hot and sexy?" she wiggles her eyebrows around at the group. I shift awkwardly in Mikey's hold, and I see both Mikey and Kristi gulp. But out of the corner of my eye, I see a smirk work it's way onto Nick's plush lips. 

  "Your suggestion?" Lizzy asks Taylor, Lizzy's eyes are narrowed, clearly, she doesn't want to do anything that involves sharing her boyfriend. 

  "How about spin the bottle?" Taylor grins around at everyone. 

  "Yes!" Nick, George and Frank practically shout in unison. I wince. Oh my god, no no no. It was going so fucking well until now! I've spoken to everyone, I've got on fine with most people, and Lizzy, Esme, George and Eric seem to genuinely like me. But now, I don't want to make out with people I hardly fucking know! 

  "Er..." I trail off, shifting in Mikey's arm. 

  "Not up for it?" Taylor asks me, eyes glinting as she takes a drag of Esme's cigarette. The sly look in Taylor's eyes makes my own turn to ice.

  "Why not?" I glare at her. George gives a slight cheer and slaps me on the shoulder, I try not to grunt. Taylor's smirk becomes that of a cat that's just sighted a wounded bird. My fucking god, always letting my temper run aren't I? For fuck sake! 

  So yes, that's where I find myself a few minutes later, gathering around in a wide circle, Mikey on one side of me protectively and Eric on the other, Eric gives my thigh a reassuring squeeze. 

  "It's not all bad" he tells me quietly, and Lizzy gives an encouraging nod next to him too. I try to level my breathing. 

  "So," Taylor calls, silencing everyone's individual conversations, her ice blue eyes running over all of us, narrowed in amusement "The game works its way up" she says, flipping a blond lock of hair over her shoulder "When you spin on someone for the first time, it's a kiss on the cheek. Next is a kiss on the lips. Next is tongues. And if you're really lucky" her eyes land on me and she gives a smirk "It's   seven minutes in the closet" 

  Holy fuck. I'm pretty sure as of now I'm having a panic attack, and Taylor's sneer isn't helping me either.  

  "I'll go first" she chirps. She reaches forward to give the empty vodka bottle a flick of her wrist. It spins, once, twice, three times, slides lazily over everyone and lands directly on Mikey. Taylor gives a little whoop as if she's excited and crawls towards him seductively, Mikey, being an absolute legend, stays impassive the whole time, his poker face doesn't waver as she pecks him on the cheek and moves back to her seat. I throw Mikey a smirk, Taylor scowls. 

  It works around in a circle. Esme lands on George. Lizzy lands on Nick. Eric lands on Kristi. When it comes to me, I pray that I don't land on Taylor, everyone else I can handle, but I her? No.