Chapter 7

"My brothers trusted me so much. The pain they had in their eyes when they get to know that I am pregnant. I could never forget that look in my whole life. They were hurt. If they also hated me like others, they would not have got hurt," I said and a lone tear escaped my eyes.

"I am sorry. It's all because of me..." he said.

"No no no, I didn't mean to hurt you. You know what? It's not your mistake. I know, you are in the same situation as me," I reassured him.

"I just didn't expect things to happen so fast. I felt carefree all this years, but when you suddenly said that I am father to a child, I lost it. I didn't meant to walk away like that, but I don't know. I am just not ready to accept this, that I am going to have a baby. Because I know nothing is going to be the same anymore," he said.

"I know, I just feel the same. This feeling is all new to me. And, our life is definitely different from others. You know I thought, I will fall in love just like everyone else. Spend sometime getting to know my partner and then start a family, just like everyone. I know you had the same plan about your life. Who would've expected, the party that I was avoiding at any cost, the party to which my brothers forced me to come so that I won't feel left out, would change my entire life. Life is always unpredictable right?" I smiled bitterly. Immediately a guilt expression crossed his face. Oh sh!t, why his mood changes this quickly?

"Okay listen, every time we take this topic, you are feeling guilty as if you were the reason all of this to happen. But, you know what? This is all god's plan. I strongly believe in destiny and this," I pointed between both of us, "is a play of destiny. So, let's just play along. I am not someone who blame others for my mistake. Because believe me, I have experienced how it feels when someone else blame me for their mistakes. So, chill," I finished my long speech. I don't know if any of it went inside his brain or not.

"Sure. I can't help but feel responsible for your life to become like this. But, don't worry. I will try to make this happen. Make 'us' happen," he said.

"That's good. So, let's continue our 'knowing each other' session," I said.

"So, what is your ambition?" he asked and tears formed in my eyes. My ambition WAS to become a dancer. But, now it is never going to be the same again. My dream has just shattered. I quickly blinked back my tears. 

"I really don't have an ambition, you know" I lied. If I said my desire to become a dancer was shattered because I am pregnant, he would feel guilty all over again. "What about you?" I asked him back.

"Well, even I don't have an actual ambition. But, my dream is to create the first ever ecological house of my own design. I am actually working on this for last 2 years. I am almost done with the design and if time allows, I will start on it soon," he said and his eyes was full of aspirations.

"I actually forgot to ask, what are you working as?" I asked him.

"Oh that... I am the MD of the company...you visited that day," he said and there was changes in this voice that was hard to ignore.

"Is everything alright? Why do you not feel happy talking about your job?" I asked him, unable to hold my curiosity.

"I am indeed not happy about my job. I am working there because I have no other choice," he said.

"How can there be no other choice? You can definitely work at other place if you are not happy with the current one. It is really important for you to love your job," I said.

"Yeah, but I am going to leave that job when my project gets successful. Then, I will start a job of what I truly studied," he said. "What are you working about?"