Chapter 10

~If you have never been betrayed by someone, you would never understand the importance of loyalty~

"What??? Where is it?" I asked and the bartender, it seems, gave me the address of what seems to be a bar.

"Hello, Abhi??" I called Abhi because I couldn't go there alone at this hour.

"Ananya, is everything okay?" he asked me, concerned.

No, nothing is fine. You idiotic friend is not home, but somewhere drunk. I felt like shouting to him.

"Abhi, I really need your help. Siddharth is drunk and lost consciousness in a bar somewhere. I could not go get him. Can you help me bring him back home?" I asked.

"What?? Drunk??? That idiot!!! Ananya send me the address, I will bring him back," he said and I sent him the address. After 40 minutes of what seemed like forever, I got a call from Abhi.

"Ananya, could you come down, I cannot carry him myself," he said. I put on my jacket and went down. He was sleeping like a baby, with crumbled shirt. He didn't look like his normal self. He looked haggard, like someone who have lost their entire world.

"Why the hell would he drink this much?" Abhi sighed after putting him down on the bed.

"We had a bad argument. But, I don't think so that would be the reason for him to be drinking this much. He is not the same Siddharth, I first met. He looked like totally different in the past few days. Definitely there is something else," I said, tucking him under the blanket. I removed his shoes and socks and kept it aside.

"Indeed, his design for his ecological project has been stolen. That's why he is behaving like this," Abhi said, leaving me dumbfounded.

"What?? It was his dream. How can that be stolen? Omg!!!" I said.

"Yeah, we don't know who stole it. We are still finding the culprit. But, if it's been found, then no problem. If not..." Abhi stopped, not wishing to continue.

"OMG what an idiot I have been. He would have been in so much pain, and I argued with him some more!!!" I scolded myself.

"Ananya, he is a very good man. He will do anything for the sake of his loved ones. His only negative point is his anger. If he is angry, he will do many stupid things. But, he doesn't realize what he did was wrong. Please don't take his words seriously. I have been with him for so long and I know he is not bad," Abhi said.

"I know Abhi, but I am also human nahh. At least he should've told me what he was going through," I sighed.

"Thank you so much for telling me this, Abhi" I said. If he didn't tell today, I would have continue misunderstanding him. I have to talk to him about this. After Abhi left, I went to his room to check on him. He was sleeping peacefully, so I switched off the light and went to my room to sleep.

The next day, when I woke up he was not at home, as usual. I thought of messaging him but later dropped the idea. I didn't want to agitate him by messaging him when he is busy. I cleaned the house as usual and went to work. I was more tired than usual, maybe because I am pregnant. I am two months pregnant now, my tummy was still flat.

So, no one in my workplace suspected anything. I didn't want to tell everybody I am pregnant, when I myself don't know whether I will keep it or not. Harish and Kavya handled everything for me. They knew I was tired so they offered to share my work burden.