Chapter 21

~The biggest mistake we all do without even realizing is taking the people who loves us for granted~

Siddharth's POV

"So, guys. What's the plan for tomorrow? Where are we going to go?" I asked excitedly. Today I had a whole lot of fun. No, not the part where I didn't get to win in that games.

I loved spending time with Ananya. I am looking forward to spending more time with her in this trip. I hope she can fall for me as much as I've fallen for her.

"Tomorrow, we are going hiking. I've talked to our instructor and he said he is free tomorrow. So, tomorrow morning everyone be ready at 7," Harish said.

"Great, I can sleep more in the morning tomorrow," Ananya said and I looked at her confused. "But, Ananya it's going to be boring if you stay here. We will be back really late," Harish said.

"I know Harish, but doctor advised me not to overwork myself and hiking is not something I could do like this. I will easily faint so I am not coming, I already said this before the trip itself," she said.

"But, what would you do alone here?" Sandhya asked this time. "I will stay with her," I blurted without thinking and everyone shot me a confused look.

"I have an online conference tomorrow morning. I totally forgot about it!!!" I said, hoping it was a good excuse.

"But, weren't you the one who was excited about what we are going to do tomorrow?" Abhi asked me suspiciously. "Yeah, I told you, I forgot about it!!!" I said and gave him a look that says 'Not now'. Thank god he didn't push me further.

"Okay guys let's go sleep now. Oh yeah, the instructor asks us to bring extra pair of shoes and thick clothes and it is really cold up there. Siddharth, you come with me," Abhi said and I know what he wants to ask.

"Why the hell you are not coming with us tomorrow?" he asked me as soon as we got out of our room.

"I have a little work to do," I said and he gave me a I-don't-believe-you look. 

"Okay fine, Ananya will be alone if all of us go hiking. Since she can't come with us, I will stay with her. What if she is not feeling well? I don't feel comfortable leaving her here," I said and he broke into a wide smile.

"I am so proud of you my boy... You are becoming a good husband!!! So, enjoy your time with her tomorrow. We will try to come as late as possible to give you both some time," he said and winked at me.

"You are impossible," I said and smiled at him. I liked how he called me her husband. I really want to be her husband. But, I don't know if she will allow that to happen or not.

I went back to my room to find her sleeping like a baby on the bed. I kissed her forehead and lay down beside her. With everything that we did today, I know she was really tired.

Ananya POV

The next morning when I woke up, I couldn't find Siddharth in the room. I saw the time was 9.30 in the morning. Even my friends would've gone hiking and I don't know how I am going to spend the day alone. I mentally sighed and went to freshen up.

When I came back from the bathroom, I saw Siddharth sitting on the couch reading some documents. In front of him was two packets of food.

"You went to buy breakfast?" I asked him and he nodded yes.

"Come, quickly eat while it's hot," he said and I smiled. Indeed, I was famished. We started digging. After finish eating, we both sat at the living hall with him working. Since I didn't have any work, I started a conversation.