Chapter 1

A very modern design. If you didn't know better you might think it's some weird new type of sunglasses. The weird device would be connected behind the head and fastened on certain points to make sure it would connect to the brain correctly. What Ayse was looking at was the epitome of technology, the new VR device.

It was the 14th of February 2022. Her 18th birthday. Knowing it was her birthday her eldest brother decided to gift her a very expensive present.

'I know you are trying to get me into gaming, but isn't this to much?'

The company, who has been everyone's topic recently, United World Virtual Reality or UWVR for short developed state of the art technology and made themselves known as the pioneers of Virtual Reality. Their contributions to society as a whole is already remarkable despite existing for just about two years. Last year they announced they would release a VR console on the market with an MMORPG to boot and said console apparently costs baffling 1000 euro. And just recently that company launched their game, Parallel World Online(PWO).

'The official release is today, isn't it?'

The reason she knew about this was because the boys, that used to be in her class, talked none stop about Parallel World Online.

"Used" to be in her class, because last week she just graduated from high school.

"Hah..." a sigh escaped her lips as she dejectedly looked at her phone.

"Happy birthday Babe, sorry that I can't be there to celebrate with you."

Messages like that were seen on her screen as she limply let herself fall onto her bed.

'I know it is an important period in their lifes, but knowing that none of my friends could celebrate my birthday with me doesn't make it any less depressing.'

Since her friends all dreamed of going out into the world they worked hard to get scholarships, that would allow them to study abroad, leaving little Ayse, who really couldn't be bothered to leave her comfort zone, all by herself behind in Germany.

"Thanks, and don't worry about it. Good luck with your scholarship ^^"

Knowing how important it was for them she despite being sad did not utter a word of complaint.

"But gaming huh?", she said to no one in particular.

Extracurricular activities she enjoyed were mostly dancing and singing and since recently some games has been added to it as well. Despite being a person of lazy nature and someone, who wouldn't really leave her comfort zone, she more than happily went to her dancing club and singing classes. If these weren't suspended for the time being she wouldn't have ever thought of touching PWO at this moment.

The gym was flooded and her singing teacher was on vacation, with no other options in mind her thoughts came back to the device in her hands.

'It's not like I have zero experience with games.'

Before her brother even tried to rope her in to the dark side, she did play a few games, but with the exception of animal crossing most of them were games she did enjoy via multiplayer.

Mario and Wii Party, Mario Bros for Wii, Just Dance, Mario Cart, Super Smash Bros. These games came to her mind, when she was thinking about her gaming career.

Just recently after her brothers bugging she now was able to add a few Kingdom Heart games to the list as well.

While she makes it sound as if it was a pain in the ass, she can't deny that she did actually enjoy Kingdom Hearts.

BZzzZz BZzzZz

Her phone vibrated and what she saw was another congratulatory message from a friend of hers.

"Hah.." and along with it another sad sigh escaped her lips.

Before even more sad thoughts invaded her mind she thought to herself.

'Lets just play. It not like I have anything to do anyways.'

Just recently she had a talk with her parents about her future and they came to the conclusion, that she should rest for a year and think very carefully, which way she wants to go, so she won't regret her decision later on. That said, she did have a lot of free time now.

"Manual manual. How the f*ck do I even use this thing."

Mumbling to herself she was going through the package and fiddling with the instruction manual for a good hour, when she finally found out how to use the consol.

Mentally exhausted she once again laid down on her bed.

Following the instructions after connecting it with the internet she closed her eyes and started the full dive function.

Drifting off to a semi conscious state of mind she entered the world of Parallel World Online.