Chapter 7

A system notification popped up.

[You discovered the Hidden Dungeon 'Slime Cave'.]

[Do you want to enter?]

[Yes] [No]

Bewildered she looked at the window in front of her. 'Hidden Dungeon? What's that?'

Endless amount of questions started appearing in her head and confusion started settling in her mind. But once she tried to calm down and thought about it, it made sense to her.

'I guess, since this hidden entrance was pretending to be an 'ordinary wall', the 'ordinary wall' part ended up being [False].'

Looking at the blood red wall she was contemplating whether to enter. A Hidden Dungeon is actually very rare and ends up birthing rewards, which could be used all the way into the late stages of the game. A great example for such item would be her Ring of Truth and Falsehood. But Esya did not know this. That being the reason she ended up contemplating for quite a while.

'Slimes have a maximum level of 5 and I already am level 5. I should be looking for mobs with higher levels at this point. But I'm curios, how it looks inside.'

For Esya, who was ignorant of the ways of MMORPGs, she didn't really see any value in going into the dungeon, but thankfully she joined Parallel World Online out of pure entertainment value, and the most entertaining option right now was to satisfy her curiosity and enter the Hidden Dungeon.

Pressing on [Yes] she entered and was instantly greeted by new system notifications.

[You are the first to discover 'Slime Cave'.]

[For your first run, item drop rate rises by 2x.]

[The first Boss kill drops all available items.]

[Available Dungeon Runs for today: 1/1]

"Ohhhh."

An exclamation of wonder escaped her lips as she read the system notifications.

'Does that mean, if I kill slimes, they drop two Slime Jellies now?'

Normally a user would be more pleased with the second notification, since bosses are known to drop exceptionally good items, but with a really low chance. Thanks to the first discovery buff the user did not need to worry about said low chance.

However Esya thought otherwise. 'Rather than Items, which I have no idea about, whether they will be useful to me or not, I am more excited about Slime Jelly, which usefulness has already been made clear.'

Looking around the cave she discovered hundreds of slimes. Her eyes flashed with an excited glint. 'I'll get a life's worth of Slime Jelly supplies!'

Invoking Invisibility she Blinkstepped to the closest Slime and checked its Information.

[Slime - Level 5]

HP: 250

MP: 0

Aiming at its core she used Backstab

[You hit a critical attack.]

[You have dealt 342 damage.]

[You defeated Slime and earned 30 XP.]

Dumbfounded she was looking at the puddle in front of her.

'That was a lot of damage.'

After distributing her stats, her crit stat has risen quite a lot. So it was no surprise that she ended up hitting a critical attack on her highest damage skill combo. While it is harder to successfully crit a monsters with high defense, the slime did not belong to one of them. On top of that, if you connect your attack on their weak point, in this case its core, the chance to hit a critical attack is even higher.

After getting ahold of herself again, Esya stretched her hand out to collect her loot. 'Please drop two Slime Jellies!' she thought to herself.

[You obtained Slime Jelly 2x.]

"YES!" her shout was filled with energy. Her suspicion, that she would get double the Slime Jelly has been confirmed. Completely fired up she then proceeded to maker herself known as the Grim Reaper of Slimes. Her plan was to hunt every single one of these blobs, so no one will be ever be able to call this Dungeon the 'Slime Cave' again.

While her motivation was admirable, her goal was sadly impossible, since a Dungeon resets once you clear it.

[You have defeated Slime and earned 30 XP.]

[You reached level 6.]

Since she got quite used to hunting slimes at this point, she was clearing through the dungeon at quite the decent speed and it didn't take long for her to wipe out every slime inside of the dungeon.

[You hit a critical attack.]

[You have dealt 342 damage.]

[You defeated Slime and earned 30 XP.]

[You obtained Slime Jelly 2x]

"That was the last one."

Wiping of the nonexistent sweat of her forehead she was looking at the imposing door in front of her. It was crafted out of massive wood and looked way to heavy to push.

'Can I even open that?' Esya thought to herself and put forth one hand to touch the gate.

[Do you want to enter the boss room?]

[Yes] [No]

"Oh, okay. Guess I found the boss. Wonder, what the boss will look like."

Despite saying, that she still ended up pressing [No]. Opening up her Recipe Book she sat down leaning against the door.

"Lets just craft 14 potions for now, before I fight the Boss."

[Through your high INT stat the crafting process ended up well done.]

[Low Grade Healing Potion(good) acquired.]

[Through your high INT...

.

.

.

[Proficiency of Skill 'Potion mixing' raised from low 0 to low 1]

[Proficiency of Skill 'Recipe Book' raised from low 0 to low 1]