Chapter - 2

The glittering sunrays spread various hues of shiny silver and gold. Flight landed safely and Harika got down with her heart full of excitement. She reached Ruby's(friend of her mom) house which was few kilometres away from her college.

"Hey sweetie! I was waiting for you. How are you?" Ruby welcomed her with a warm smile and embraced her when she reached her home. "I'm fine aunty. How are you?" Harika asked with same excitement. "I'm fine dear! Come let's go inside" she took her inside her house.

"How is your mom? The iron lady" Ruby asked, "She is good and she said she is missing you so much" Harika replied with a smile.

"Huh! She always says that she miss me but never cared to visit here. It's been twenty years since we met. She knows how much I longed to see you both but she never cared" Ruby uttered sadly. "Aunty! You know that she is very busy and she rarely visit our home too. But don't worry! This time I'll make her visit India for sure" Harika cheered her up. Ruby smiled and showed her room.

"You freshen up and come down for breakfast. I'll set the table" Ruby said, Harika nodded and entered into the room.

Harika inhaled the fresh fragrance from the garden. She gazed the beautiful garden from the window, a beautiful smile lit up her face. She finished her morning chores and ascended to the dining hall.

"Hey dear! Come let's have breakfast" Ruby said, Harika nodded and had her breakfast happily.

"Mom!" She heard a modulated voice from the entrance. Harika glanced the main door. There he stood with a beautiful smile. Ruby's face glowed once she saw him, she was surprised as well.

"Chintu!!! You said you are coming next week right?" She walked near him with happiness. "I thought to surprise you mom" he said embracing her. "I missed you" Ruby said with tears, "me too" he replied.

Harika gazed them with amaze. "Chintu she is Harika, Varsha's daughter" Ruby said with a smile. Adhi glanced her and greeted her with a smile. She too greeted him cheerfully.

"Chintu, you too get freshen up quick and join with us for breakfast" Ruby said and Adhi accepted it. He headed to his room to get freshen up.

Adhi was Ruby's only son who works in a IT company in Bangalore. Two years ago, her husband died in an accident. The only relationship she had was her son.

Harika finished her breakfast and took a tour of the garden. She loved the greeny atmosphere the most. The fragrance of soil and flowers and the fluttering butterflies relaxed her mind. She lost herself in its beauty.

"Hey Harika!" She turned hearing his voice. "Hi Adhi" she smiled. "Mom told me that you got admission in MMC. I'm so happy for you. Congrats!" He Congratulated her. "Thank you!" She smiled.

"I tried to contact you but I couldn't find you on any social media" he started casually. "Yeah! Actually I never used social media, I don't have much friends too and moreover I was occupied with my studies and my part-time job. So I didn't get time to all those stuffs" Harika replied.

"That's great!" He amazed. They both chitchatted for some time. "Ok Harika! You're looking so tired. You travelled a long distance, so you take some rest. Let's catch up later" he said a smile, she nodded and walked towards her room.

Days passed,

"Dear! Why did you chose hostel. You can stay here right? I'm staying here alone. Why don't you stay with me?" Ruby uttered sadly. "Aunty! College is little far from home and it will take one hour to reach my college. So I thought it would be much better to stay in college hostel. But no worries aunty, I'll come here for my every vacation. Now please send me off with your beautiful smiling face" she requested holding Ruby's hand.

Ruby nodded with a smile and send her off wishing her good luck. Harika left her home and reached her college in next one hour. She arranged her utensils in her room and felt excited to pursue her dream degree in her dream college.

"God! I should achieve in my goals and should become a number one cardiologist. Please bless me with good willpower and strong heart to achieve my dream" she prayed inwardly.
.
.

"Mom! Lisa said you haven't had your breakfast. What happened mom? Please have your breakfast" Harish sat near her holding a plate of idly. "No Harish! I don't want to have breakfast" she replied stubbornly.

"Mom! Please tell me what's bothering you?" He asked holding her palm. "You're not listening my words nowadays Harish. I really don't want to eat anything. Let me live like this or else join me in some ashram. You don't want to trouble yourself" she said with cold face.

"Mom! Please don't utter those words. What happened to you? What do you want me to do?" He asked worriedly. "I want you to meet your grandpa" she said with same stubbornness.

"Mom please! I don't want to meet him. I don't want to take up any responsibilities. You're my only concern and  I can't leave you too" his voice was low. "That's why I'm asking you to join me in some ashram. I don't want to see my son's life getting spoilt just for my selfishness. You're the only heir of our RV Groups but you are not ready to take up your responsibility. Several families depends on our construction and factories. Who will take care of those people once after your grandpa.

Why are you thinking so selfish Harish? Just for my life, you're ignoring your other valuable responsibilities. You should take care of our RV Groups and only you have that responsibility. Please consider this as my last wish and accept it" she said with tears which melted his heart.

His mom and dad left their entire family once after his grandmother's funeral. They lived a peaceful life without any influence of money and power but now he couldn't deny his mother's wish and decided to take up the responsibility. His grandfather always want him to become the Chairman of all their organisations but Harish denied that since he had the responsibility to take good care of his mother. Now he decided to fulfill his mother's wish.

"Okay mom! I'll accept your wish. Now please have this food" he said taking a piece of idly in his hand. She smiled and opened her mouth. He fed her happily and called his grandfather to inform about his decision. His grandfather was on cloud nine hearing his decision. He eagerly arranged a meeting with all his staffs to announce him as the new chairman but Harish requested him to postpone that as he was not fully aware about their businesses.

He asked him one month time to explore his business and learn the things what is happening in their company. Raghuveer gladly agreed that and appointed a person to guide him. After several years, he visited his home which is filled with all his painful memories. Gowri's eyes filled with sorrow tears thinking about past.

"Mom! Be strong!" He held her arms and took her inside their home. Raghuveer welcomed them with a warm heart. That old soul longed to have his daughter and grandson in his home for a long time and finally his wish fulfilled by his daughter. She assured him that she will stay in their home forever with her son.

Harish started to work in their company and he understood the tactics easily which made Raghuveer feel proud of him. He felt delighted with his involvement, intelligent and grasping power.

Harish was not really interested in that but he took up the responsibility wholeheartedly. He determined to win the battle alone and worked hard with determination.

"When you're santizing and wiping everything down, be sure to wipe hatred out of your heart!

That virus is more crucial than Corona!!"

Hi friends,

Second chapter of "Miracle of my life" is updated. Do read and give me your views on this story ♥️