Chapter - 4

That was her exam day, Harika did her exams well and she felt relieved after that. Though she is a good learner, she always fears about her exams. "Hey! How was your exam?" Varsha asked with a smile. "Yeah! It's good. I did well! What about you?" Harika replied with a smile.

"Not bad! I did well" Varsha smiled. "Why don't we go out for a coffee?" Varsha asked casually, Harika accepted and they both had coffee in the nearby coffee shop.

"Harika! You never talked about your family. I know you're from America but what about your parents?" Varsha asked casually. "My mom is my only family member. She is an amazing women whom I admired the most. She was my inspiration. She taught me independence and strengthen me from my young age.

I love her the most! And that is the reason I came here to pursue my degree. I loved to visit the place where she born and brought up" Harika replied with a smile.

"That's nice! Don't you have any other relatives? Grandparents? Father?" Varsha asked with hesitation.

Harika smiled, "As I said I don't have anyone other than my mom" she replied the same. Varsha didn't ask any further questions and they talked about few random stuffs.

Harika really liked Varsha's company. She was not like others but seemed so different and her nature attracted her. In her whole life, Varsha was the only person she shared about herself.

"Ok! What's our next plan?" Varsha asked, "now let's go to our room. Tomorrow let's go out somewhere" Harika replied with a smile. Varsha accepted that with amusement.

They both reached their room in next fifteen minutes. Harika noticed something. "What's happening there?" Harika's voice was serious. "No Harika! Let's not involve in that. They are our seniors and it will lead some problem" Varsha stopped her.

"How can we stay numb seeing their crimes?" Harika annoyed. "They are from very big family background and our management will not involve in this issue. So please calm down" Varsha tried to convince her.

The girls staying next to their room seemed so dangerous. They used to do all unwanted stuffs in their college hostel. Today they crossed the limit by ragging a fresher girl very badly.

"Sorry Varsha! I can't tolerate this anymore" Harika left the place. She reached the place and stood facing them.

"Hey! She came here voluntarily but today we already have this slave so let's see you tomorrow. Now you go to your room" a girl from the gang said having a smirk on her face.

"Leave the girl. You're crossing your limits. If you don't leave her now then you will face the consequences" Harika said looking straight to her eyes.

"Look baby! We are in very good mood today so we are leaving you. Leave this place right now. Don't test our patience!" She replied.

"I'm not leaving this place without the girl. Send her with me" there is no fear on her face. "Hey! Why are you answering this girl! Come in!" Another girl from the gang grabbed her hand.

Varsha turned nervous, she went to her classmates room and informed them Harika was alone fighting for the fresher girl. Everyone was afraid about those girls but now they decided to take Harika's side to help her.
.
.

"But the tragedy happened after that incident. Which we never expected and that shattered my entire family" Gowri couldn't control her tears. "Mom please!" Harish held her arms.

"After their college, she started working in a well reputed organization. My brother never wanted to disappoint her so he hidden his identity and supported her to work independently. They both stayed together in Bangalore. He requested me to get permission from my father and he too started working in a company in Bangalore.