Chapter - 7

Chriping sound of birds, disturbed her sleep. Harika opened her eyes with a grin. She loved the melodious songs the birds sang. She stood near the window and gazed the beautiful garden with a smile.

She heard the door knock and opened the door. "Good morning" Harish stood there with a cup of coffee. "I saw you standing near the window, so I brought you your coffee" he said with a smile.

"Thank you" she smiled and took the coffee cup from him. "Ok! You freshen up and come down, let's have breakfast" he said before leaving the place.

Harika felt surprised to see a guy like him. She thought he might be ambitious as he is the CEO of a very big organization but his actions never resembled his position. She smiled sipping the coffee. She felt he was the first one she is admiring the most in her life.

She thought to wash off those thoughts, so she headed to the washroom to take a good hot shower. After half an hour, she headed downstairs and found him setting the table for breakfast. She felt bad for making him suffer.

"Harish! You could have called me for help right? Why are you struggling alone?" She asked with concern.

"Hey! There is no struggle in this. Actually I love doing this works. In my past I used to do all these works" he replied proudly.

"Really! But it's quite annoying? How could your parents let you do all those works? Have you stayed in any flat with your friends?" She asked with surprise, "I'll tell you everything but before that let's have breakfast. It's getting cold" he replied with grin, she too smiled and sat near him to have her breakfast.

He served her the food, she had that enjoying it's delicious taste. "It's delicious!" She complemented from her heart. "Thanks!" He replied and both went for a walk after their breakfast.

"Ok tell me! How you learnt all these stuffs?" She asked eagerly. "I used to take care of my mom. So I will cook for her" he replied, Harika couldn't understand that and she looked him with same confused expression.

"My mom is a paralysis patient" he uttered making her shock. He briefed whatever happened and Harika listened that patently. She felt pitty as well as surprised to see a person like him. She thought he must be very patient in his life and that brought a smile on her face. Her respect for him increased a hundred times after hearing his true nature.

"Shall we go somewhere inside this forest?" Harika asked eagerly. "Do you really want to go?" He asked doubtfully. "Yeah! It's boring to stay inside the room everytime. Shall we?" She asked with a hope, he nodded with a smile not disappointing her.

He took her inside the forest. She was thrilled seeing the beautiful scenery. Birds song and sunlight sing to the soul, all as the rich canopy creates a calming kaleidoscope upon the ground.

She heard different sounds and found the leaves of the huge trees were slowly rustling which resembled a family of oak trees chatting together. She was amused! She never explored such a beautiful beautiful place in her lifetime. As she walks along everything goes silent. Suddenly there was a strange sound from the ground.

Harika searched for the source of the sound and found a small rabbit struggling for its survival. Harika rushed near the rabbit. "Hey Harika! No! See there is a huge snake" Harish stopped her holding her hand.

"No Harish! I have to save that small creature. Look at the cutest face, how can we stay calm letting the snake kill that small bunny" her voice choked and at the same time the snake approached the rabbit.

Harika ran towards the rabbit and held it in her arms before the snake harms it. But next moment she lost her balance and slipped down. She hugged the bunny not letting it get harm but her arms got injured.