Chapter - 8

Days passed happily where Harika forgot about her outside world. She felt that those few days were the best period of her life. Harish never failed to impress her everyday by his sweet gestures.

Harika completely forgot about her friends, college, hostel, everything. She felt her world revolve around the small house and it's beautiful surroundings.

She mentally prayed that those days should get extended and she never wanna leave that place.

That was a beautiful morning. Harish was busy in cooking. He cooked her favourite dish for breakfast.

"Wow! Harish the food tastes so good!" She ate licking her fingers. He smiled looking at her cute actions.

Her mobile buzzed and she saw it was from her mom. She attended with a smile. "Good morning mom!" She said happily.

"Good morning darling! And many many happy returns of the day! I wish you every happiness in your life" her mom wished her from her heart.

"Thank you mom! Actually I forgot my birthday" she replied truly which made her smile and Harish looked her surprisingly.

They both chitchatted for few minutes and she ended the call. "Happy Birthday gorgeous!" He wished her with a grin which made her heart flutter.

"Today I'm going to take you to a beautiful spot to celebrate your birthday. It's my birthday gift" he said with eagerness making her happy. She agreed happily.

Evening,

They both got ready and Harish took her to the most beautiful place as he promised. Harika stood dumbstruck seeing the beautiful waterfall.

The white water cascaded down a series of rocky outcrops, giving the effect of many waterfalls rather than just one. Then it flowed on its way, nonchalant, as if nothing had occurred.

The water tinkled in a laughing sort of way. The rocks were slippery as they crossed, Harika held his arm, though at a point she lost her balance. He held her protectively before she lost her balance.

She felt that in that moment of feeling him so close she felt more alive than she had been in so very long, his eyes captured her beautiful eyes begging not to break the contact.

They both were in that position for few minutes and he slowly released her from his hold. He carefully held her arms and took her near the falls.

She enjoyed the most beautiful moment of her life. She started playing with the water, he lost himself admiring her beauty. Water was flowing continuously she was completely dampened which turned his mind crazy. He just couldn't avert his gaze from her face.

Her lips which she pouts so cutely tempted him to kiss her hard. "Have you lost your mind? What are you thinking about? How can you think like this?" He scolded himself mentally but couldn't avert his gaze from her. She sprinkled water over his face bringing him back to present.

He smiled and asked her to come out. "Another five minutes please!" She pouted again making him grit his teeth.

He managed and started to talk, "I have a surprise for you! Come here" he called her and she was amused to see his surprise.

They both reached a beautiful spot near the falls and her eyes widened seeing the arrangement. He placed a cake at the centre of the place which was filled with many beautiful flowers.

"Happy Birthday!" He greeted happily. "Thank you Harish! Thank you so much! I never felt this happiness before in my life. You made my 22nd birthday more beautiful and rememberable one ever!" She said with twinkling eyes.