Shortie

Levi

I couldn't stop staring at her; she was beautiful. She had to be less than five feet tall, but she was breathtaking. She had long brown hair which landed in loose curls down to her hips. She was skinny, maybe a little too thin. I wanted to take her home to the pack and cook for her.

I thought it couldn't get better, but then she turned her head around and looked me straight in the eyes. Her eyes were a gorgeous ocean blue. As I trailed down her face, I took in her delicate features. She had these rosy cheeks spotted with freckles that cover the bridge of her cute little button nose. Then there were her lips that were plump and pink, so delicious. I just wanted to kiss her.

What? Why? She's human. I could smell it even though she smelt amazing. She smelt like strawberries right when they're ripe. I have to stop staring.

"Remember we have a mate!" My inner wolf growled.

"I know Cody, I remember, but boy do I want her to be it!"

My wolf scowled at me for ignoring his warning. I wasn't going to ask her out or anything; I'm just going to observe her. He's right, and I know it. I, too, wouldn't be happy if our true mate was checking out someone other than us. It's a territorial thing.

I couldn't help but deflate when her eyes left mine, turned back around, and quickly walked away. But then the unthinkable happened, and Shortie walked into my calculus class. I rushed into the room to see her talking to Mr. Burns, our teacher. He pointed to the empty seat in the back right in front of mine. Yes, I get to smell strawberries all period. I grinned at this, although once again, my wolf wasn't too happy.

As I sat down and looked to the side, I saw my future beta. He sat in the seat next to me. Carter is my right-hand man. I loved him like he was my brother. Carter and I looked a little similar. I mean, we are cousins, but he was a little shorter than I and less buff, but his wolf was just as large as mine. Too bad he wasn't as strong. Carter has been my best friend since birth practically. We have baby pictures of us strewn all over my house walls.

"Hey Bro, how's your morning? Didn't see you when I left the house? When did you even get up?" Carter questioned.

" Left early, woke up around 6:00. I had to go see Mrs. Shirley about my essay," I stated bluntly.

I had done an excellent job on the essay but apparently, too good of a job now my teacher now wants me to join her college English class. With all my Alpha training and pack business, It's going to be a lot more work on my hands, but of course, Mrs. Shirley didn't take no for an answer.

"Hey, who's she" he whispered, elbowing my shoulder and proceeding to start pointing at Shortie.

" I don't know," yet I mumbled.

Right as the class settled in, our teacher Mr. Burns introduced Shortie to everyone.

"As you can see, class, we have a new student amongst us. Could you introduce yourself and tell us three things about yourself."

The brown-haired beauty rose from her seat and looked around at everyone before answering.

"Hello, y'all; my name is Ella Lynn, but everyone calls me Ellie. I just moved from Tennessee. I'm 16 years old, and I also love dogs."

She has an accent, damn, and she'd be the perfect mate!