Charlie's

Levi POV

I felt a tinge of pain for her not wanting to eat lunch with my friends and me. They were all from the pack, and soon she would be there, Luna. She would play a huge role in my decisions as a mate and a wife.

Ella looked a bit uncomfortable because of my offer, so when she said no, I knew I'd have to stay with her. I needed to plan the date I hadn't exactly planned on. Maybe she likes movies? Or a nice dinner? I'm not exactly sure if it were up to me, we would go down to Charlie's Diner. It's the only burger place in town we don't even have a McDonald's. Everest is a tiny town population is about 20,000, about a tenth of which is the pack.

Looking down at my beautiful angel, I'm even more anxious to go on our date, so we're all alone.

"Ellie, what are you doing after school today?" I ask

"Oh, I just asked Ella the same question," Avery giggles.

" I'm going to a job interview today," Ella smiles as she replies.

I don't want my girl working. I'll support her; of course, I'm not against her working, but she's just so skinny. I want her to eat more, and then she can. I don't know why she is so underweight. Does she eat at home?

I look at Ellie at smile down at her. Only if she knew how much I want to care for her.

"Where is the interview?"

"Well, I do believe it's at y'all's diner in town, Charlie's," she says with her sweet voice.

Damn, she's working at Charlie's. Not only is it my favorite place to eat, but the owner, Charlie, is part of my pack. It's not very common for a pack member to live and work outside of our boundaries, but we've made an exception for Charlie. He's a good man, and I know him and his mate Lucy will take good care of my girl.

"That's great. I'm sure you will get the position."

On that note, I better talk to Charlie to make sure she gets the position.

'Charlie'

'Yes, Alpha?'

'Hire Ella and treat her well. She is your future, Luna.'

'Yes, Alpha!'

Now that that's settled, I can stare at my beautiful mate until the bell rings.

Ella POV

Levi does this weird staring thingy, and it's starting to creep me out. He will stare at nothing for a solid minute and then stare at me for another twenty. What's so interesting do I have food on my face? Is there a bug in my hair? I've finally had enough.

"What are you staring at?" I question, giving him the stink eye.

His face lightens up, and he smiles at me even more and gives me the most intelligent answer any man could give a woman.

" pure beauty"

Yes, my heart just stopped in my chest, and my cheeks turned as red as a tomato. Avery started giggling, and Carter gave us both a disgusted face.

Damn.