Chapter 9

Jennie came home from work on Monday to find Rosé and Jisoo raiding her fridge. She rolled her eyes as she walked in with a stack of pizza boxes, placing them down on the counter.

"Bless you little Kim, I'm starving," Jisoo said, as she dived into the top box. Jennie shook her head at Rosé, smiling as she took her coat off.

"So how was the date?" Rosé began. Jennie shot her an exasperated look, picking up one of the pizza boxes and sitting on the sofa. Jisoo and Rosé joined her, waiting as Jennie put her pizza slice back in the box before signing back.

'It was good, we had a lot of fun'

"Did you actually take her to the arcade?" Jisoo asked, switching the TV on.

Jennie nodded, a shy smile lighting up her face. Her hands formed different shapes in the air as she told them about her night, leaving out a few details. Rosé wasn't stupid though.

"So have you kissed her yet?" Rosé asked bluntly. Jennie choked on her pizza, feeling her cheeks warm as her face turned red. She swallowed her mouthful, and took a sip of her drink, trying to avoid Rosé's question.

"Well that's a yes then," Jisoo concluded, laughing at Jennie's face, "looks like little Kim has got some game huh?" she laughed, playfully nudging Jennie's shoulder.

Jennie rolled her eyes good-naturedly, smiling down at her lap as she thought about Lisa kissing her last night.

'Yes, your text had great timing last night Rosé' Jennie signed.

Rosé covered her mouth with her hand as she tried not to laugh, and Jisoo turned on Rosé.

"Rosé you didn't!" Jisoo berated her.

"Sorry! I figured your date would be over by then," Rosé laughed, holding her hands up in her defence. Jennie let out a silent laugh, shaking her head as she grinned.

"So when do we get to meet her then?" Jisoo asked, looking expectantly at Jennie whose eyes widened at the thought.

"Yeah, we'd love to meet her, maybe you can bring her to Friday night drinks to make up for bailing on us on Friday?" Rosé asked, a smug smile on her face. Jennie groaned internally, there was no way she was getting out of this one.

'I'll ask her if she's free' Jennie signed, her shoulders rising and falling as she let out a dramatic sigh. 'I can't make any promises though' she added as Rosé clapped her hand together, grinning in triumph.

-----

It was almost lunch time on Wednesday when Lisa walked into the library. Jennie looked up as she approached the front desk, her face lighting up when she realised it was Lisa.

"Hi, I was wondering if you could help me find a book," Lisa asked, winking at Jennie as she smiled. Jennie smiled back, standing up and walking around to meet Lisa. Grabbing Jennie's hand, Lisa led them to one of the aisles at the very back of the building. Looking around to make sure they were alone, Lisa grabbed Jennie's waist and pushed her against one of the bookshelves.

Lisa's lips found hers as the shelves bit into Jennie's back. Taken by surprise at the intensity of the kiss, Jennie's hands scrambled for purchase on the bookshelf behind her, accidentally pulling a few books off the shelf. The thud of the books hitting the floor was loud in the silence of the library, and Jennie knew Miss Grant would come and investigate.

She pulled away from the kiss, and quickly stacked the fallen books into a pile, hearing the sound of approaching footsteps. Miss Grant rounded the end of the bookshelf, taking in the scene of Jennie knelt on the floor next to the pile of books and Lisa casually leaning against one of the shelves with a book in hand.