Chapter 10

They'd been dating for a little over two months, although Lisa was hesitant to label it. Jennie was okay with that, knowing that it was Lisa's first relationship.

It was like Jennie had come alive and broken out of the box of her normal life. They ate lunch together, and Lisa became a permanent fixture at drinks every Friday night. She got along great with Jackson, the two of them spending hours talking about mechanics and technology.

Lisa took Jennie to expensive restaurants and upscale art museums, and Jennie took Lisa to the cinema and ice skating. Lisa still came into the library every couple of days, surprising Jennie at work and picking up another one of Jennie's favourite books, and Jennie became a frequent visitor at L-Corp, bringing Lisa flowers and making sure she left the office occasionally. Sometimes late at night they would walk to Jennie's park and walk around the pond hand in hand, feeding the ducks some bread.

The more time they spent together, the more they learnt about each other, and the closer they became, picking up each other's habits and vocabulary. Jennie had been thinking about introducing Lisa to Eliza soon, wanting her adoptive mom's approval. She wanted Lisa to be included in her family, seeing as she wasn't close to her own. Rosé had suggested that Jennie bring Lisa to Thanksgiving at their mom's house so that Eliza could meet her.

They filled in the gaps for each other, and everything was perfect.

They were happy.

-----

Cal and Irene were in town, so the next Friday night, they skipped the bar and everyone met at one of the more popular clubs. Jackson couldn't make it this Friday because he had a World of Warcraft tournament with his computer friends.

"Jennie!" Irene squealed, pulling her into a hug as soon as she saw her. Smiling widely, Jennie embraced Cal as well, happy to have her friends back in town. She hadn't seen them in a few months and she missed them. She was excited to introduce them to Lisa though.

'This is Lisa' she signed, gesturing to Lisa.

Cal had actually photographed and interviewed Lisa before, when she still lived in Metropolis, and fell into an easy conversation about L-Corp and Cal's latest article he was working on.

Jisoo and Rosé showed up not long after, Jisoo complaining about having to drag Rosé away from work, and the party got started. Lisa had used her name to snag VIP access for them, so they all settled down in one of the large booths, away from the dancefloor.

They all caught up over a few drinks, laughing at the stories Irene and Cal told. The tipsier they got they got tipsier as the night wore on, and Irene decided talking time was over and dragged Cal over to the dancefloor.

Jennie raised her eyebrows at Rosé, smiling widely at her.

"Oh no, you're not getting me up there," Rosé argued, understanding what Jennie was getting at. Jennie protested, gesturing at Jisoo to help her out. Jisoo just shrugged.

"Your sister's not the dancing type little Kim," Jisoo said, matter of factly.

Jennie shot Jisoo a confused look.

'Not the dancing type? So Rosé didn't tell you about her wild college parties?'

"No way, I have to see this," Jisoo laughed, dragging Rosé out of the booth. Rosé sighed, giving in easily as Jisoo led them onto the dancefloor.