Eighteen

3019, Anita | Unknown Ship | Space

Instantly, the Robed One slapped away the comm, breaking it.

"Move," the Robed One ordered. "You tried sneaking in my ship, knowing that it is impossible."

Ben walked and didn't reply as he continued, "You really think that it was that easy? Hmm?"

Then horror struck his face. "Wait. If I caught him that easily, that means-"

Ben smiled as the explosion interrupted him, knocking both of them forwards. Nice bombs, he thought, remembering how he stuck those mines on the walls of the engine room.

The Robed One still managed to get up and grabbed Ben's foot before he could run. "Oh no you don't!" he yelled.

Ben tried to kick his hand away, but then the ship shook and he wouldn't let go. They rolled on the right, the force propelling them to hit a wall of the ship.

"You're an idiot!" the Robed One exclaimed. "We'll all die."

He smirked. "I don't care unless you die first." Ben was indeed showing off his bravado, but he was losing confidence quickly. Now he had two priorities: stopping the Robed One and getting out alive.

Ben managed to dodge the Robed One's fist before the Anita shook again, making him stumble. Ben then tried to kick him on the head. It missed.

His thoughts turned to escaping the place. It was about to explode soon and he couldn't die. . .just not yet.

The Robed One snarled. "You're dumb!" and he tried throwing a punch. It hit Ben squarely on the jaw, making him stumble forward. Then he lifted Ben with magic and threw him across the room, hitting the window and creating a crack.

Ben groaned as the pain receptors flared. The Robed One advanced towards him. "I was going to do this earlier, but you stopped me."

His fist glowed. "Now," he said. "you're going to die."

The Robed One didn't hesitate. One quick jab and he was knocked unconscious.

Then many things happened at once. Another ship came crashing from behind him. The last thing the Robed One could remember before he took his final breath was the pod, the little boy, and Jose.

- - -

The man pushed her into her cell. "Get ready," he said. "It's coming." He then reached into his pocket and pulled out a keychain and threw it at her. It turned into a sword midair. Rizza's eyes widened and caught it.

"You'll need it," he said offhandedly before closing the door. Instantly, a transparent barrier was standing between them. A force field. She watched as he walked away and disappeared from view.

Her prison cell was a small cube with limited space. She could only stare at the force field in front of her, waiting for the time to come. She looked at her sword, which was like all regular dull swords in the Medieval Ages. It was comfortable and it fit her perfectly.

All was silent until he heard a loud buzz in her comm.

She stood up and said, "Anyone? Can anyone hear me?"

Rizza? came Richard's voice, loud and clear. Thank God! Where are you? Is Ben okay?

"I'm not with Ben," she replied.

Why not? Where are you?

"I don't know where I am. . .yet," she looked around. "Right now I'm in a tiny cell. Probably in another ship."

Stay where you are, he ordered. We'll find you. How did you get there?

At once all the memories came. "I was knocked unconscious. I didn't make it in the Robed One's ship."

Why didn't you come back?

"I tried," she said, annoyed. "But that was when I was knocked unconscious. Do I have to repeat myself?"

Um, no, he answered. Then a loud static noise. Richard's voice came back a few seconds later, but she missed most of what he said.

. . .Good, he said. Rizza assumed he was talking to someone else. The sooner we're there, the better.

"What do you mean by 'there'?" she asked. But then all of a sudden, the ship shook, knocking her off balance. Her back hit the wall.

She pulled herself together. "What was that?"

I think your ship just bumped ours, he said grimly.

- - -

"Ben!" a voice yelled in the daze. "Wake up! We need to get out of here."

He tried to focus. Dizzy. So dizzy.

His vision came back altogether and Ben saw two familiar faces. One of them was a man in a black cloak while the other was a little boy with magic glowing on his fists.

Ben hugged Jose. "Thank God!" he yelled. "What happened to you?"

"Long story," Jose answered. "Jacob had been using magic to heal you. We almost thought we couldn't wake up."

Ben extended his hand. "We need to go now."

Jose took it and stood up.

And then all of a sudden, Jacob pointed a finger at Jose. "I. . .I think. . .you're the one who tried to kill us. You're doing all of this.

"You're the Robed One."

- - -

"I can't move the ship!" Richard yelled in worry as the huge ship unleashed a tractor beam. "We're in a tractor beam!"

Jones cursed. This happens all the time! What the heck!

Then the ship shook and rumbled. Justine reappeared, bringing laser guns and all the other weapons.

He tossed one to Jones. She caught it. "Just in case."

"Thanks," she replied.

"What is the ship trying to do?" Richard exclaimed, hitting the controls.

"I don't know," Justine replied. "But I have a feeling it isn't going to be good."

Suddenly something on the console buzzed in alarm. Intruders. Intruders. Intruders.

"Who-" Jones began.

"Three enemies, all in the ship," Richard reported grimly. "Moving fast as hell."

Jones finally sighed. "I'll check." Then she rushed out of the control room and ran in the hallway, turning left and right. She caught the red blurs of the alarms.

Then when she turned to the right, she froze.

Andrew was on the floor in his own pool of blood. His child was in shock while a light blue blade was sitting next to the boy's throat. A man in a cloak held that blade.

When she saw her, he said slowly, "Don't move any closer. Or the child gets it."

- - -

Good day!

Huhuhuhuhu. I almost totally forgot about uploading a new part of After Paradise. I feel so stupid!

Anyway, thanks for waiting this out. School has really been tough lately and I haven't really found time to update. More parts will be posted soon, I promise.

In the meantime, check out my other stories. Two (or probably more) short stories will be posted in the profile.

This is goodbye for now. . .

😅