And then There was Love!

Tamaki's PoV

No.

No, no, no, no!

Haruhi. I called Haruhi Fujioka and just told her that I liked Aki-san?! This can't be happening. This just can't be real.

Right, I'm dreaming. That must be it! There's no way I just called Haruhi and admitted to her that I liked our teacher. That's ridiculous. This is all just one big nightmare!

"Um, Tamaki-senpai?"

It's not a dream.

"..."

"Tamaki-senpai," Haruhi's voice was sharper this time. Sterner.

"Y-Yes...?" I finally answered though reluctantly in a smaller voice.

There was another moment of silence before finally she spoke again.

"...I know."

"Know what?"

"That you like Aki-san," she said with an exasperated sigh. "I know."

.
.
.
.
.

"WHAT?!"

"I know we haven't known each other for that long yet, Senpai, but I think I know you well enough by now to tell. It's the way you look at him, you know? Something was just different, I guess. I think the others could tell too. There's something just about you that's different whenever you are with Akira-sensei. I think that kiss confirmed it," she spoke in a calm and clear voice. It was almost weird how natural it sounded with her talking about this.

Hold on.

"Wait...The others could tell too?" I asked, blinking and left in a stupor.

"Yeah."

"OH MY GOD!" I suddenly exclaimed, shooting up to my feet and practically pulling at my hair at this point as I felt my face nearly exploded in a deep shade of red.

Oh my god, oh my god, oh my god...

"Tamaki-senpai," Haruhi's voice cut in again.

"...Yes?"

"Please just respectfully shut up right now and listen."

"...Alright," I finally muttered, trying to calm down and biting down on my bottom lip almost anxiously. "I'm sorry."

"Don't be. Just...listen," she said with a soft sigh.

She always did know how to calm me down and make me feel at ease. In a way almost though, I feel...guilty. She was always so kind. So kind, sweet, thoughtful, and beautiful inside and out.

So why...?

Why can't I almost love her instead?

I didn't know which part was worse. The fact that I, the King of the Ouran Host Club, like another guy, or the fact that the certain guy I like is my teacher...

Not to say I'm against gays! Not in the slightest! Love is beautiful and should be shared by everyone, but...not everyone is kind like that and accepts that. Even I know that much.

It was scary.

"It's okay to feel the way you feel, Senpai. I know you're probably freaking out right now in the usual Tamaki way you do, but I want you to know that it's okay. No matter what may happen or come along your way, I want you to know that we'll always have your back. I'll always have your back. Tamaki-senpai...Don't think that something like this will ever change that," she spoke gently and in a soft voice.

That was something too that I always admired about her. She always knew just what to say. She's always such a strong young lady. I know I'm not her father, but the pride I felt about her was very similar in that way I think. I'm not even too sure myself anymore.

What I am sure of though is that Haruhi is a true princess. A queen. And she deserves the very best.

"Thank you," I whispered softly into the phone with a faint smile. "Thank you, Haruhi."

"Yeah. We'll always have your back. Never forget that, Tamaki-senpai," she said and I could practically see her smile clear as day.

"I won't. I'd do the same for all of you any day," I promised with determined eyes.

I still didn't know what I was going to do. I had absolutely no clue, but...I had to at least know my feelings. Whether or not they were wrong or right or whatever else, nothing was going to change if I didn't own up to them.

So much has changed in this past year. All of the things with Haruhi, Aki-san, and more. I know things are just going to keep changing, but I want to make it so that it's for the better.

I'm Tamaki Suoh, the Prince Charming of Ouran and the King of the Host Club! I can do this!

"Um...Yeah. You go, Tamaki-senpai..." I heard Haruhi's reluctant voice through the phone.

Oh. I just said that last part out loud, didn't I?

My face began to turn a deep shade of red once more. I always did end up embarrassing myself, especially in front of Haruhi.

"Don't worry. Whatever you decide, we'll be there for you."

"I know." I smiled softly. "Thanks."

"Anytime, Senpai."

With that, she hung up on the phone and I sat back onto my bed and set the phone aside, letting out a long sigh.

Now, what to do, what to do...

*Bonus*

Haruhi couldn't help but smile a faint sad smile as she sat and gazed back at the phone. She should've seen this coming. But that's okay. It's as she promised. She'd always be there for Tamaki along with the rest of the club.

Even if her feelings would never be spoken out loud or returned.

She sighed softly to herself before her phone began to buzz. She tilted her head slightly in curiosity before she reached out and checked the Caller ID.

"Hikaru? What's up? Right now?" She blinked and then a small smile made its way to her face. "Okay, see you in a few."

She stood up, grabbing her things before going to the door. She glanced over her shoulder to double check one last time.

No, everything was right where it needed to be.

She closed the door behind her.

It didn't matter what may come their way. No, they'd never be alone. Never again.

What was this feeling they all shared?

Maybe, just maybe...

It was love.