Ch.13

(EMMA'S POV)

I looked down at my phone, staring at that perfect five letter name. I clicked it, waiting to hear my favorite voice in the entire world.

"Hello?" Harry answered. He sounded like he was half asleep so I immediately felt guilty for waking him.

"Harry, it's me."

"Emma? What's wrong?" he panicked. I heard him get up and fumble around in the background. I knew that this was because I never call him- I just wait for him to come everyday - so he thought something was wrong.

"Harry, calm down. I'm fine. I just have to tell you something."

The other line was silent, waiting for me to go on.

"I am having tests and treatments all day, we won't be able to spend much time together so you don't have to come."

"No. I want to be with you," he said immediately. I had predicted that response anyway.

"I'll be fine. Have a little time for yourself. Please."

He thought about it for a moment but finally gave in. "Okay… I'll see you tomorrow then. I love you."

"Love you too," I said before hanging up.

I tossed my phone on the bed and looked up at Sarah. I hated to lie to Harry, but I needed to do this alone. To adjust to it before he could. 

The big metal object in her hand was making me nervous, but I trusted Sarah. She said that most people do it just to get it over with.

"Ready?"

I took a deep breath and nodded, closing my eyes as Sarah brought the electric razor to my head. I quickly said goodbye to all my hair still on my head, I would miss it dearly.

I also took that time to say goodbye to Harry. 

He would never look at me the same.

**

(HARRY'S POV)

I woke up early the next morning, very anxious to see Emma. The day before, I couldn't stop thinking about her. I had been with her basically every single day, so naturally I got withdrawal symptoms when I was not with her. I wanted to make sure that she was feeling okay from all of her tests the day before- hopefully she would be able to go to the Music Awards that night.