21 Oh Brother Where Art Thou*

"When are you going to grow up Aaron?!" Beta Carson yells.

Who does he think he is? He doesn't know me! I've been nothing but a proper Alpha to him! I've shown him respect! I've used his title! He doesn't show me the same courtesy! And I haven't even snapped at him for it! How can he tell me to grow up?! He's the one throwing a temper tantrum! I bite my lip trying to calm down and not explode on this Beta.

"Beta Carson..." I start but he cuts me off.

"Cut the crap, Aaron!" He yells and turns away running a hand through his hair. He turns back to face me. "Are you ever going to forgive me, Aaron?" He asks.

"Beta..." I begin again.

"I guess that's a no!" He says turning away again "Sorry I bothered you, Alpha." He starts to walk away. He called me Alpha? Wait a second... what is going on here?

"Wait!" I call after him. He stops and turns to me. He looks so hurt? Sad? What did I do!? "I don't know what you are so upset about... What's going on here?"

Beta Carson walks back up to me. "I am upset, Aaron." He says placing a hand on the back of my neck. In that moment I realize that he is tall. A fraction of an inch taller than me even. Lilly did say something about him having Alpha Blood. It shows. "I am upset because you are so distant with me! So formal! Cold!"

"I've been nothing but respectful to you, Beta!" I defend myself.

"There you go again! Is that all I am to you now? A title! Mason's Beta?!" He yells stepping away from me.

I am so confused. What am I supposed to call him?

"I don't get it, man! What do you want from me? You want me to drop the Beta?! Fine Carson! Are you happy now?" I yell back frustration finally getting the better of me.

"You haven't called me Carson a day in your life! No that's not what I want, Aaron!" He screams in response.

"What then? What!? What DO you WANT?!" I yell to him. He storms back up to me and looks me in the eye.

"I want my brother back!" He says.

Before I know what is happening I punch him in the nose and he falls backwards onto the ground.

"At least that's something." He says spitting out blood. "Feel better, pup?!"

"You bastard!" I yell and kick him in the gut.

"Guess not." He coughs.

"My brother is dead!" I yell. I turn away from him and start to walk away.

"What?! Who told you that?!" He yells after me as he stands up. I turn and look at him.

"My father... my brother ran away because he wasn't Alpha and was attacked by rogues... we didn't even have enough of him left for a proper burial! So shut it! I've tolerated you so far out of respect for Mason... but if you keep this up I will kill you!" I spit. I see his jaw drop.

"Come with me." He says.

"Why should I?!" I scream at him.

"We need to talk to Alpha Mason." He says.

He walks back into the house not even waiting to see if I am behind him. As he reaches the door I decide to go and jog to catch up to him.

"Alpha?" He says knocking on the door.

"Come in, Carson." Mason says. "What happened to you?!" He asks as the Beta enters.

"I need you to talk to him!" The Beta tells him. As I enter Mason's eyes widen.