35: Him and I

"You are so handsome", I admired him as he picked me up and I wrapped my arms around him as he kissed my forehead.

"Time to go", he said as he carried me to the car as I laughed at all the people looking at us like we were crazy, but really we were just crazy in love.

We were greeted by Mr. Johnson as he ushered us inside the car and Nolan put me down. I climbed in the car waiting for the moment until he got in the car so I could snuggle with him all over again.

He stepped in the car as I hugged him dearly, and he knew a seatbelt couldn't separate us.

After an hour of snuggling we finally made it and this time it wasn't at their house it was a large castle, with a red carpet and everything. There were many people all in fancy dresses with inseam stitches and designer names.

"Milady", a hand extended from the now open door as flashes were heard in the distance, questions were being thrown out as I climbed out of the black car. He took my hand as I knew these questions would only mess with me, I kept a calm face and tightened my grip on his hand.

The bodyguards pushed us through
the gates as questions like "what is your relationship" or "who is she" where being spat out at every second, even after we went through the gate, but I kept a strong face well I tried too. All questions that were supposed to be resolved tonight to our family and friends well his family and friends and when I say friends I mean clients.

The inside of the ball was decadent, it was flourished with flowers imported from England and chairs imported from Spain. The room was decked out in the littlest detail to the large fountain of chocolate and the ice sculpture. The song If the stars were mine was singing in the distance as I peered to the stage and saw a beautiful lady on the stage, swaying to the music.

"Natalie, you look stunning", Alison came and greeted me as she hugged me. She was wearing a royal blue gown with a diamond necklace, she looked stunning.

"Alison, you look amazing", she smiled at me as she pulled me to the side. I needed this side moment with her as a push of encouragement as I knew what I was going to do tonight.

"Honey, there is no need to be worried, it's just a small dinner party with friends and family, you'll meet everyone before and believe me these people want nothing but happiness for the two of you", she said as she made me realize how foolish I had been acting.

"You're right, I'm sorry I guess I've just been worrying about this, and um is my father and step-wife here?", I shivered as I remembered him kicking my stomach as I coughed on my own blood. I snapped out of the scary reality that had happened only 2 days ago and I steadied myself.

"They are here, but I put them far away from our table", she said understandingly as Nolan and I made contact across the room and my heart lit on fire, he made that happen.

"Could I talk to you about something?", I asked her as I was worried about what she was going to say. I hadn't had a mother to ask what everything was, all I knew in life was that men were not supposed to touch me unless I said yes.

"Yeah of course, here", she steered me to the crowd as we made our way to the balcony and we pushed the heavy doors open as we braved the coldness.

"Is Nolan treating you okay", her question had come out as I'm guessing was speculated.

"Yes, he's treating me like a queen and tonight I wanted to tell him that I love him", she squealed and hugged me very tightly as I was also excited as she smiled at me strongly and I saw a tear drip down her cheek.

"Oh, I'm so happy", she smiled as she hugged me again and I could tell she was happy.

"I just didn't know how or when my mom and I never really talked about boys, I was too young", I said as I played with my hair as she hugged me again.