Part 12 (Re-written)

HI GUYS SO THIS CHAPTER IS A BIT OF FILLER BUT I HOPE YOU GUYS ENJOY IT!

ALSO I FOUND PERFECT CHARACTER FOR STACEY AND THAT IS... *Drum rolls*

VANESSA AUBREY ♥️ SHE'S SO BEAUTIFUL I KNOW

Love you guys and for the song, there's link above if you want to listen to it (please listen to it 😌)

Ashen P.O.V

It's already Friday and Jace hasn't showed up nor answering my texts, I tried to call him on the phone but never got answer from him. My head is already clouded with negativity thoughts but not dirty one, negativity like fear, doubts, self-loathing, and i haven't even focus that much on my subjects either. I did good on exams but I feel like I'm missing out more and more cause my thoughts always lead to him.

I also got another 2 letter this week, one in front of my porch step Wednesday morning and one in locker earlier today.

The first one was a poem, it was a good romantic poem but I don't who put them there. The other on the locker one was another cryptic letter.

It said..
"I play the supercut of us, in my head..
I know you're thinking about that boy toy..
Too bad you're mine also that best friend of yours can't know about this! Everyone can't know about this!

Also I got you something in here

*Attach picture of locker*

Xoxo.

Ps. Your boy toy probably regretted to ask you out"

I clenched the letter in my hands, is he really regretting me? He hasn't called me nor acknowledge my texts. Now I'm doubting about him, but the question is who's locker is that.

I noticed Stacey coming towards me I shove the letter in my pocket as I grab my notebook. She's coming as beautiful as she normally is, she's a light-skinned girl with beautiful black curly long hair. Many guys are rooting for her but she didn't give them any attention. I noticed that she's wearing a navy blue stripe long sleeves, it really looks good on her but then she always looked good.

"Hey babe, you excited for tommorow?", She asked me as ruffling my hair, she told me I have the softest hair ever and she loves to play and ruffle it.

"I-uh don't know anymore.", I said with small voice, I just had a feeling he's not going to take me out like he's promising me to.

"ohh Ash...", She hug me as I melted into her embrace, she's like the sister that I've always wanted. I feel like I could always tell or do anything with her, I sobbed quietly. It's not worth my sadness I know but I just need to.

"You know what, let's ditch school for today. It's only half day today anyway and nothing important in our schedule for today.", I only nodded don't know what else to say or do.

She dragged me out of the school building to her car which is a Tesla Model 3 cause she really care about keeping Earth out of pollution from gas engine and all. She told me it was their family car so sometimes she use it sometimes she takes the bus.

She started to drive me to I don't where.

"Where are we going?", I asked tiredly at her. As I slumped in my seat lazily.

"We're going to this orphanage that I visited for Mrs.Carey project, they're hosting this event and I figured we could help them with it. The kids are all wonderful and cute too so maybe they could cheer you up.", I nodded again don't know what to say.

I decided to play some songs from her library and I'm not surprised it filled with Taylor Swift songs cause she's like a die hard fan of her so I played Cruel Summer from Taylor's album Lover, it's a sad banger that make me bop to it with some sad ass lyrics.

"Fever dream high in the quiet of the night
You know that I caught it
Bad, bad boy, shiny toy with a price
You know that I bought it

Killing me slow, out the window
I'm always waiting for you to be waiting below
Devils roll the dice, angels roll their eyes
What doesn't kill me makes me want you more

And it's new, the shape of your body
It's blue, the feeling I've got
And it's ooh, whoa oh
It's a cruel summer
It's cool, that's what I tell 'em
No rules in breakable heaven
But ooh, whoa oh
It's a cruel summer
With you"

It really is a cruel summer huh. I bopping at the song silently.

"Hang your head low in the glow of the vending machine
I'm not dying
We say that we'll just screw it up in these trying times
We're not trying

So cut the headlights, summer's a knife
I'm always waiting for you just to cut to the bone
Devils roll the dice, angels roll their eyes
And if I bleed, you'll be the last to know..."

I listen to Stacey screaming the words to the song as her voice cracks in the end which caused me to laugh at it as she mouthing "what I'm the diva here.", we got to the bridge as she asked me to scream the lyrics with her.

"...I'm drunk in the back of the car
And I cried like a baby coming home from the bar
Said, "I'm fine," but it wasn't true
I don't wanna keep secrets just to keep you
And I snuck in through the garden gate
Every night that summer just to seal my fate
And I scream, "For whatever it's worth
I love you, ain't that the worst thing you ever heard?"
He looks up, grinning like a devil"

I finally scream the hell out of the lyrics as I now feel a bit better, after some minutes we finally got to the orphanage and I caught the glimpse of the kids hosting this sort of bazaar and it's pretty crowded there.