20. Izzy - Interrogation

She scowled at us with her lopsided mouth. "How dare you people kidnap me after what you've done to me!" She pounded on the glass viciously. "Just you wait! My sisters will come for me and when they do you'll all be sorry!"

"Sisters?" Georgia asked. "Wha is this? Some kind of cult or is it more like a super sorority?" she pointed to the mask. 

"It doesn't matter because when the Boss's plan comes to action you little one trick show ponies will see what real power looks like. Mistress Mind, The Cosmic Woman, Indomitable," she laughed. "They're coming for me and then you're all toast."

The three of us exchanged looks. "She actually thinks they're coming for her," Kadima said pitifully. 

I shrugged. "Maybe we should let her believe that so she can talk," I whispered.

She pounded on the glass. "What are you talking about! Of course they're coming! We are the Sisterhood."

"No, they are the sisterhood. You were supposed to win a seat at the table, you said so yourself," Georgia said.

"But you failed," I added. "Heard it from one of the Boss's men himself. He will not be happy with our performance. If they come for you it's probably only so that he can get the honour of killing you for himself."

She fumed and her melted face glowed red probably because she knew that there was truth in what we were saying. Even if we were only bluffing to get her upset enough to talk. It's an old tactic used on Suntopix and,  from the way the other two picked up so quickly, I'm guessing it's used Earth too.

"The Sisterhood wouldn't do that, there is a code."

"Maybe, but do you think the greatest crime boss in all of time cares about the code of some glittering superpowered girls who work under him?"

"The Sisterhood works for no one! We work WITH him."

We exchanged looks. "Sure," Georgia said unconvinced. I knew she only said that to rile up Sonic Scream which worked perfectly because he slammed her hand on the glass angrily. "How did you even find this Sisterhood anyway?" 

"You don't find the Sisterhood, it finds you. It reaches out to women of exceptional talent to join their elite ranks."

"Our search produced the same results," Dahlia piped in. "With an origin that seems to date from the Cold War it seems that this Sisterhood was originally female spies with exceptional abilities.

"But the syrum couldn't have existed back in the Cold War," Georgia said. 

She laughed. "Whose to say?" she asked. "You guys think that you're so smart. I could reveal everything I know to you and you still wouldn't know anything. The Boss has only been seen by few, same with the Sisterhood. Legend is that they exist throughout time in the shadows but now there emerging for your girl. Whatever she did it's a big enough deal for Boss to risk everything to get to her."

"So why get involved with this? What's the payoff? Money? World domination?" 

"Superpowers,  being set for life, getting a chance to live like your friend. Now I'll get none of it thanks to her."

"Don't you see that you're hurting people?" Kadima asked.  

"What do I care about hurting people. In life you either hurt or get hurt and I'm not interested in getting hurt. Not again." With that she folded her arms and sat back faced towards us, obviously finished with talking to us.