All is at Rest

A/N: I added a picture of Ryanne's hairstyle she has during Aragorn's crowning. Just pretend that her dress is different.

---///---///---///---///---///---///---

The ride to Gondor was exhausting and longer than I remembered it being.
My whole body was covered in bruises and scratches from fighting and falling, and whenever I moved, my body ached.

But nonetheless, I tried to stay strong, and not say anything about it. But it was still obvious, and Legolas never believed me when I told him I was fine.

"I promise Legolas, I am alright."
"No Ryanne, you are not. Look at yourself, you are hurt."
I sighed. "So are you." He looked at me sideways.
"I didn't fall from a hundred feet in the air."

I frowned, but didn't say anything in reply. I knew he was right, I just didn't want to admit it.
"When we get to Gondor, I will get my wounds treated, I promise."
"So will we all, than Aragorn will get crowned and..."
He trailed off, but I knew what he was going to say.

We would both have to go home. Me to Rivendell, him to Mirkwood. And we might never see each other again.
"It will be okay." I told him.
He smiled tiredly. "I hope."

And we rode together in silence for the rest of the ride, each of us thinking our own thoughts and trying not to think too far ahead.
Aragorn rode in front of us for the whole ride, searching for Gandalf in the air, but to no avail.

So when he saw his kingdom in the distance, he let out an exclamation of joy and pushed his horse faster.
Legolas and I followed, the ready of the men following us.

We were sighted quickly, and people streamed from the castle to receive us. The men of the army led those horses away, but servants stayed to help Aragorn, Legolas and I.
Rhea was led into the stables and I dismounted. My legs gave way almost instantly and a servant grabbed me, helping me stand.

I thanked him quietly, before trying to support myself. I had probably more than one bone damaged in my leg along with multiple muscles. The servant called for Aragorn, and he appeared quickly with Legolas.

Aragorn dismissed the servant and turned to me. "Ryanne, can you hear me?" I nodded. "Yes, I can hear you fine, I just have injured my leg."

He looked at me leaning against Rhea's pen. "Can you walk?" I hesitated, than nodded. "I can try."
He took my hand, Legolas the other, and we walked slowly into the castle, where more servants and healers received us with worried faces and tones.

"Look at them, what happened!"
"The poor girl, she must be so tired!"
I frowned when they said that, but they kept talking.

"Why would they risk their lives like that?"
"Look at them, they are so hurt!"
"Get them to their rooms!"

Soon, I was taken from Aragorn and Legolas by a few women.
"No!" I said weakly. "No, let me stay with them!"

"Hush dear, everything will be alright now."
I struggled, but I was too tired and I doubt I put up much of a fight.
"No, Aragorn tell them to stop!"

He smiled at me. "Ryanne, they are going to help you, trust me. We will see you soon."
And with that, him and Legolas went with the others, disappearing from my view.

The women holding me gently led me into my room and started to pour me a bath.
I sat in a large chair, watching them as they opened my wardrobe and brought out clean clothes for me and laid them on my bed.

Than, one came over to remove my weapons for me and helped me undress and step into the warm water.
"We will be right outside, hurry with your bath."
I nodded and they shut the door behind them.