13.

CHAPTER THIRTEEN.

        It turned into havoc all around Liv and Ash. One moment the twins were eating their rations, talking whatever they possibly could to take their minds off of Murphy, that is, until coughs erupt from all around them.

        "Clarke!" a masculine voice shouts, Liv glancing over to see a boy practically coughing up a lung, blood pouring out of his nose quickly.

        A boy on the log across from her begins to cough as well, holding his hand to his mouth only to fill it with blood. It was like everyone was spontaneously beginning to bleed. That was when Clarke exited the tent with the communications inside, blood pouring out of her eyes the same way tears would. Liv quickly stands up, as does Ash, the two glancing around in confusion.

        What the hell was happening?

        Liv notices that Connor was one of the boys who brought Murphy in, as was the other. In fact, Clarke had been the one to examine Murphy once he was brought in. 

        And that's when it her; whoever had come into physical contact with Murphy was beginning to bleed from whichever opening is available.

         Liv finds herself storming off toward the drop ship, Ash following quickly behind. She grabs a machine gun quickly, holding it up and preparing to let her anger out on Murphy. Or more so threaten him until she gets the information she needs in order to figure out what exactly is going on. Bellamy soon falls into step beside her as well, Ash pulling the curtain out of the way and allowing them all to enter.

        Inside is Murphy hunched over, a puddle of blood covering the floor and Clarke crouched down next to him. Her head snaps up in their direction, her eyes widening.

        "You guys, stay back," she warns, her tone deathly serious.

        They watch in confusion, wondering what the hell Murphy did to do this to her. She was bleeding from her eyes, this isn't just some accident.

        "Did he do something to you?" Ash demands with worry, his eyes softening at the sight of her.

        Clarke shakes her head back and forth slowly, Liv watching in confusion.

        Bellamy's eyes widen, the man questioning in confusion, "What the hell is this?"

        Clarke's gaze falls onto Murphy again, the boy coughing and gasping for air repeatedly.

        A look of dismay crosses Clarke's face, the girl gasping out, "Biological warfare. You were waiting for the grounders to retaliate for the bridge? This is it. Murphy is the weapon."

        The rest of the time afterward was spent with members of the one hundred who were already infected being ushered into the lower floor of the drop ship, Bellamy, Liv, and Ashton continuing to keep an eye on Murphy. Liv was absolutely disgusted by the fact that this piece of scum is the reason that everyone at camp is becoming sick, none of them even knowing if this thing can be cured. For all they know, this virus could be lethal.

        "Is this your revenge?" Bellamy demands, turning to face Murphy, seeming to grow more annoyed with every passing second. "Helping the grounders kill us?"

        Clarke continues to dab his wounds with a wash cloth, Murphy choking out, "I didn't know about this, I swear."

        "Stop lying!" Bellamy snaps, cutting the boy in front of them off. "When are they coming?"

        From beside Murphy, Clarke begins, "Murphy, think. What can you tell us that's useful? Did you hear anything?"

        Rather than answering her question, Murphy explains, "They're vicious, cruel - "