Act-13

I woke up in the middle of the night and almost got a heart attack to find him sleeping beside me. For a few moments, I didn't dare blink. The lamp was left on, so I could see him very well. He looked so innocent and beautiful, if you could use that word to describe a guy. With one hand sprawled between us and other placed on the pillow in front of his face. He looked like a sleeping beauty.

I knew that I shouldn't move, in case he wakes up. Yet, that stupid hand of mine had suddenly got a mind of it's own, that went ahead and almost caressed his hair. But maybe it was his lucky day and mine unlucky that saved him from getting defiled by me in sleep. The stupid alarm went off and almost gave me a heart attack. Quickly, I returned my hand to their original position and pretended to sleep. Thankfully, he didn't wake up until a few seconds later.

A few minutes later, I felt him standing over me and I thought I was done for.

'He has found out that I was about to violate him in sleep—! He is going to kill me—For sure!' My heart was thumping loudly in my ears, with these thoughts, when I felt him adjusting the covers around me. Moments later, I heard him leave the room.

'Zaira. You idiot.'

—————————————

Sleep didn't come easily after that but somewhere in the middle of hearing for him outside the room, I got a shut eye. Every step of the way, I couldn't help but get a little touched by his consideration. From toiletries to everything in the bedroom, he had stocked up on whatever I could need and more.

'Don't think about him Zaira. That's a facade. You know the real Rayyan. Don't get fooled by this.'

After giving myself a pep talk while staring into the bathroom mirror. I freshened up, feeling a lot better than yesterday already and went into the kitchen to fix myself something to eat. Last night I had the rice porridge that Rayyan made for me. Despite having no sense of taste whatsoever at that moment, I think it tasted better than edible.

The sight of a dish containing omelette and toast covered in a plastic wrap made me halt in my steps. I couldn't move an inch from my place for a few moments. My gaze landed on the note placed beside it.

'Have some breakfast if you feel up to it. If not, there is leftover porridge in the fridge and cereals in the cabinet. I have left some cash and a card if you feel like ordering something else.'

My mouth opened and closed a few times, before I could grab a hold of my scattered wits. With a frown, I grabbed the plate and pulled out a chair to sit down. But for a long while, I couldn't take my eyes off of the plate in front of me.

Shaking my head, I got up to pour myself some water from the tap when my gaze drifted back to the neglected note. With a shake of head, I left it be.

A while later, I returned to wash the dishes. Again, my gaze found the lone note and stayed there. For a few moments, I stood there watching it while chewing on my lips.

'Don't Zaira.'

Ignoring the screams of my better judgement, I took the note and stuffed it safe in my diary.

——————————-

Exhaling an exhausted sigh, I zipped the final bag close. The whole day, with nothing else to do but lay on the bed, I was starting to feel like my fever is getting worse. So, without asking for his permission, I decided to clean the house. Knowing all too well, that I should seek his permission before touching his stuff. But something told me that he wouldn't take to me getting out of bed, too kindly . Maybe, it had something to do with the way he kept calling ever hour or so to check up on me and making sure that my fever wasn't getting worse or that I had eaten something and don't want to order anything else. Honestly, I should applaud his stubbornness. Even though at one point I almost called him off, he didn't waver at all and continued as if it was nothing.