Act-23

I opened my eyes to his sleeping figure. His breath came out in shallow gasps; brushing against my face which was only inches away from his. It took me a moment to realise that he was holding me against his chest. His both hands were tightly wrapped around my waist and my one leg was sandwiched between his. I felt a smile breaking against the corner of my lips at his display of possessiveness. It made me blush and I tried to gently pry away my arms that were bundled against his chest but couldn't do much except freeing one hand slightly.

Unconsciously, I brought that hand to caress the skin under his eyes. His eyes twitched and I ceased all movement, until he exhaled a small sigh. With a gulp, I returned to my prior activity; my fingers hovering over the corner of his lips.

Exhaling a sigh, I dropped my hand and closed my eyes. The events from yesterday had returned like a dam broken loose. However, when I glanced up, my heart stopped for a moment, as I found him staring right back at me. For a few moments, I could only gape at him in shock and when the effects of shock started wearing off, I turned my gaze down to my hands pressed flat against his chest.

"Good morning." His husky voice brushed against my ears like a warm tremor. In return I felt the muscles of my neck tightening whilst I burnt holes into his chest. Not daring to look up until he loosened his hold and brought one hand to tug back the loose strands of hair falling on my face.

"Did you sleep alright?" He murmured in that hoarse and sexy voice and I could only blink with a gulp. It was actually beyond my comprehension how I could get any sleep in this position at all. Since, I was a knacker for proper sleeping etiquette.

My response came in a nod after a while. I heard him exhale a soft sigh before pulling me against his chest. His arms once more encaging me with his chin resting softly atop my head.

"Do you want to do something fun today?"  I felt his voice reverberating against my head which made me twist my neck to peer at his face.

"Fun?" I questioned, quirking both eyebrows. His response came in a heart squeezing smile and he dropped a peck against my forehead; making my heart skip a beat. I hadn't yet recovered from this torture when he murmured again.

"Yeah—and I love you so very much." He remarked simply with an adorable smile. I was completely caught off guard by that follow up and could only gawk him with blush creeping up my cheeks, alongside a painfully thumping heart.

"—Rayy—an—!!" I rebuked with a groan turning into a puddle and hiding my face against his chest. Whereas the assailant, could only laugh at my discomfort and tightened his embrace.

——————————————

"One chocolate chip and a vanilla, please." I stood in my place gawking the man preparing my icecream, whilst Rayyan paid for it. He let go of my hand for a moment only and then returned his hold as if it were the most natural thing to do. I would've felt more tingly if I wasn't drooling over the icecream cone that Rayyan just took from the dude and handed to me.

"Zai—wait here for a moment." He moved away but I was too busy devouring my icecream to care about him. There was one more change that I had noticed—his nickname for me. And I would be lying, if I said I didn't secretly love it.

'Maybe I could have given him a nickname too—if I cared about him like that. But I think I love saying his full name.' My thoughts were interrupted, when I saw Rayyan jogging towards me—with a bouquet of Red roses, wrapped in burlap and adorned with baby breaths.

The Wrong Wedding On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara