Act-18

There are moments in a person's life when they know in their gut that their survival depends on immediate action. Their mind is screaming the signals to them. Say for example, when you are crossing the road and a car is speeding towards you. In that obvious moment, the natural reflex would be to step away as quickly as possible.

However, I was well aware that I fell in to the minor category of population who in that crucial deciding moment, became frozen on their spot. As if, waiting to be run over.

Such was this situation to me. I was asking to be wrecked.

Thinking about it now, I might've realised it when I caught the look in his eyes change; when he stalked towards me with the eyes of a predator. Or maybe, even before that, I had unconsciously started to piece together what I desperately wished to conceal. The truth which constantly pricked at my conscience but I pretended it didn't exist.

For, if I were to acknowledge that he did treat me gently and his eyes had turned soft for me; then I would also have to admit to my fears, which I wished more than anything to only be a misunderstanding on my part. About the truth, that Rayyan might feel towards me more than simple kindness or responsibility.

But I didn't dare admit it, because if I were to do that—I knew for a surety that I would break and let him swallow me whole, willingly—because that's how much I realised I wanted him.

Yet, I would prefer dying than surrendering to my love for him. The love that I myself didn't believe in, nor him—

However, when I saw him inching towards me—my heart thumped painfully in anticipation. The right thing to do was to bolt. Yet, my body as if suddenly had got a mind of it's own—became rooted on the spot.

I couldn't tear away my eyes from the desire and hunger burning in his hazel green orbs, as he towered over me.

And before I could think any further, he jerked me towards himself. His one hand cupping the side of my face, roughly pulling me to him and his other hand wrapped around my waist, pressing me against his hard chest.

I hardly had a moment to react before he slammed his lips to mine, nearly knocking all the wind from my lungs. I couldn't pull away even if I wished to. His mouth moved against mine, with an urgency and a thirst that he was desperate to quench.

I couldn't form any thoughts except the feel of his soft warm lips against my own, as he plunged in deeper. My heart pounded hard against my chest and my lungs screamed for air. Yet, I was betrayed by my own body that couldn't help but crave more of him and the taste of him on my lips. I could only but melt into his touch as he let out a groan of pleasure against my lips.

But it couldn't last. Soon, I could feel tears stinging the corner of my eyes and I reached a hand to free his hold on me. In desperation, I made a pathetic attempt to push against his chest but his grip on the back of my head only tightened and I was pulled against him cruelly, until, there was no space left between us and I could feel the beating of his heart against my own. His mouth never leaving mine, devouring me in a breathless, demanding kiss. His hand tracing down, exploring the hollow of my neck and sending shivers throughout my body.

Unable to take it anymore, I groaned against his mouth. My hand was still helplessly pressed against his chest when my limp body began to tremble uncontrollably. I urged myself to push away, but couldn't.

And then, he finally pulled away.

Until his hold loosened on me, I hadn't realised that my eyes were shut closed but even as I pried my eyes open, wheezing loudly; I found his eyes boring into mine glazed with vulnerability and a million emotions that I didn't recognise.