Chapter Eighteen (Part 1)

As his unwavering fury continued to intensify, Adrien put on his sunglasses before violently slamming the door behind him.

This was the absolute final straw! 

He took in a deep breath, shut his eyes for a split second and tightened his hands into fists of unquenched rage.

There, in the very far distance, was his arch nemesis, Lila Rossi. She was leaning up against the wall and staring down at her cellphone.

The blond quickly removed his shades before staring daggers into the back of her head. He could feel the steam rise from his ears as he began to slowly pace towards his classmate.

She continued to type something into the device, before she felt an unwelcoming presence approach her from behind.

The brunette slightly turned her head, in order to see who it was.

Her assumptions were proven to be true when fierce green eyes that seemed to blaze with demonic fire, stared her down. His eyes were cold and his face was emotionless. He was so furious that he had to remind himself to breath.

Adrien clenched his jaw shut, while his hands began to tremble with vengeance.

His lip began to quaver when he felt the sweat trailing down his forehead. He was tempted to slap some sense into his enemy, but he had to force himself to resist the compulsion.

"Adrien Agreste! What can I do for you?" She put on a fake smile, and placed her phone in her pocket.

"Don't play dumb, Lila! You know exactly why I'm here!" He raised his voice as he slammed his palm against the brick wall.

Lila slightly flinched, but she quickly regained her composure.

She blankly stared at him while stepping back slightly. Adrien's whole demeanor had changed completely, and that scared her a little more than expected.

He was usually calm, and never seemed to show his emotions. But this time was different somehow...

Nothing but pure hatred seemed to consume every inch of his entire being. The adrenaline that surged throughout his body, gave him a sense of unknown power. He became assertive, and all his past fears seemed so far gone.

The girl with the olive green eyes raised her head until their eyes met, "I... I don't know what you're talking about."

"Well let me help refresh your memory!" He spat.

Lila rolled her eyes in annoyance and folded her arms.

Adrien quickly reached for his smartphone, unlocked it and turned it around so that she could see the screen.

"This!" His voice began to quiver, and his eyes began to water.

He had unknowingly traded his anger for a stream of crystal clear tears, that seemed to glisten in the afternoon sun. He didn't even care to wipe them away. He just let them fall; one by one...

Lila was silent as she emotionlessly stared at him. Her eyes were dull and her mouth was dry. She could tell that he was in pain, yet she didn't even care.

She felt absolutely nothing. A lifeless void had unmistakably replaced the warm feeling of love and compassion that once flowed throughout her veins.

She was no one, and nothing mattered anymore...

She pouted before merely scanning the disturbing Instagram post.

After a minute of tormenting silence had passed by, Lila turned her attention away from the screen before looking up at the blond who was standing in front of her.