Chapter 16 - Blimps and Kabir

"We've received word from our allies across the sea," Halla said

"We've received word from our allies across the sea," Halla said. "And they want confirmation that we have the rightful queen. They don't want to help us usurp the crown."

I sighed deeply. "So, what do we need to do? Send them a photograph? Call them?"

Halla snorted and shook her head, taking a sip of her beer. "They want to meet you in person. On their grounds."

"We don't have time for me to travel across the damn sea," I growled and clenched my fists.

"Technically we don't need you here. What we're doing now is using the mechanic's robo-suits to stop the transports between Bursaaq and Andaheim. You're not a soldier, Your Highness. You're a diplomat. So you have to do what diplomats do. Make deals."

"I want to be there when we go to Andaheim."

"Of course. You'll make it back in time, hopefully. But until then, you've got to go make this deal." She sent me a bit of a pointed look and I knew there was no use in trying to debate her. She was right. As much as I wanted to be there for everything, I had my own part to play.

"I'll go with her," Dy said.

"Yeah, I think we all know that," Halla said and smirked at Dy.

Dy sighed and sent her a tired look. "I speak Kabiran. Going to Kabir it'll help."

"Yeah, I'm sure that's your reason." Halla winked and then turned serious again. "My queen, it's of the utmost importance that you convince them to help us."

"Right," I muttered. As if I hadn't been doing this my whole life? I always had to dance around people to make them do one thing or another and believe it was their own idea. This whole thing wasn't one bit different.

"I

"I... Do not like this," Barr said and stared wide-eyed at the thing we were going to travel in. Huck called it a blimp. I had no idea what it was, but it was apparently some kind of airship? We'd be able to fly in it and it sounded unreal.

"It'll be alright. I designed it myself," Huck said and smiled up at Barr. Barr's cheeks darkened and he smiled back before glancing at the blimp.