Chapter 19

Izzy got home that evening and called for Mia as she placed her bag on the nearest sofa.

"Mia?" She called again above the loud music.

"Up here."

Izzy made her way up to Mia's room and when she pushed the door open, she was left gaping at the scene that unfolded before her.
"What is going on?"

Mia zipped one of the trolleys and set it in a corner of her room as she got started on the second one.
"What does it look like?"

"Like you're packing."

Mia smiled.
"I am."

Izzy leaned against the doorpost sighing.
"This means you've made your decision."

Mia looked at her sadly and nodded.

"But why do you need to pack so early?"

"My flight leaves in the morning."

Izzy felt the breath escape her at the news.
"What?!"

"I leave in the morning."

"I...I don't understand." Izzy said confused. "Why do you have to leave so soon?"

Mia sighed and sat at the edge of her bed.
"I just really need to think, gather my thoughts, and what's left of my dreams."

Izzy frowned and joined her on the edge of her bed.
"There's something you aren't telling me."

Mia looked at Izzy and sighed.
"I'm still trying to figure it out myself."

"Do you have to leave the continent to do that?"

Mia nodded.
"Besides, I taking this as an opportunity to see my aunt after so long."

Izzy nodded.
"Fine." She said. "Does Fred know?"

"Why does Fred need to know what's going on in my life, he isn't my boyfriend."

"You two have been seeing a lot of each other, I just figured he'd be the first you'd tell."

"Fred doesn't know and I plan on keeping it that way."

Izzy raised a brow.
"You're going to leave without telling him?"

"That's the plan."

"I see what's happening; you're running away."

"I'm not running away." Mia said adamantly.

Izzy smiled with a casual shrug.
"If you say so."

Mia huffed and got back to packing and that moment Izzy thought of something.
"Fine. After you're done packing, let's have dinner out."

"Sure." Mia smiled.

"I'm going to go see Andre. Text me when you're done so we'll meet up there."

"Alright." Mia said. "Just don't say anything to Andre, he might say something to Fred."

"I won't." Izzy promised before she left.

Mia was done packing a little over half an hour later. She did a quick check on her list and straightened out what was left of her room before she took a quick shower and put on something nice for her last night out in Leicester. It wasn't one of her provocative dresses, it was a simple little black dress that covered the essentials and was a mixture of sexy and elegant. She texted Izzy and she did a low-key nude makeup which was a first for her and when she was done, she was surprised at the way it turned out. It wasn't too over the top; it was the perfect balance between day-time Mia and night-time Mia.