Chapter 37

A few days passed and Fred saw his dad every day, spending some time in his room at different hours of the day. He found time for Mia as well, hanging out in their quarters, in either of their rooms. They took the boat one afternoon to Iceland to do some light shopping for clothes to match the weather and other necessities, inclusive of edibles and drinks.

The boat ride was refreshing especially when they headed back to the island when Fred tried to teach her to drive it with him behind her, distracting her with small kisses down her neck and his hands caressing her arms.

They got back to the island just in time for dinner. They walked through the wooden pier to the front entrance, the fourth hallway.

"Oh, welcome." Renee greeted as they walked through the door. "Hope you had a good time."

Mia smiled.
"We did. We got a lot."

Renee tried to take the bags from Fred but he didn't have it.
"I've got it."

They placed the bags on the kitchen island and Fred sorted through the edibles and handed the ones with clothes to Mia.
"Go change for dinner."

Mia frowned.
"What's wrong with what I'm wearing?"

Fred smiled.
"Nothing but I'm taking you on a date."

Mia smiled.
"Ok."

"Wear something warm." He called as she took the bags with clothes and went through the second hallway. He smiled as he watched her go. "Is everything set, Renee?"

Renee smiled at him.
"Just as you requested."

"Good." He said. "Thank you." He placed a kiss on her cheek and headed through the same hallway as Mia's with a bag in his hand.

He walked through the front door of their quarters and headed straight, between the stairs and beneath the upper hall. He walked to the left side past the open living room to where the fridge and the cupboards were. He took out the few snacks from the bag and placed them in the cupboard then stocked the fridge with the chocolate shake that had now become Mia's and his favorite thing. He went upstairs to his room and changed his shirt before heading back downstairs and waited for Mia in the living room.

Mia had nothing warm and faltering to wear so she pushed sense aside and wore an elegant French dress she had thrown into her bag last minute when they had gone to get her stuff from her apartment. It was nude, a low square neck with a very tiny strap holding it up and it ended inches just below her rear. It fit her like a second skin and probably wasn't the best thing to wear in this weather but she didn't care. She slipped her feet into a flat strappy sandal and stood in front of the vanity. She had taken a quick shower when she got to the room, so her face was bare again. She was tempted to go all out and do a mini-glam makeup but decided against it. She filled her brows in, used her finger to apply a light pink eyeshadow and some mascara, and finally a pink gloss over her lips. She let her hair down and didn't bother with jewelry.

Mia smoothened the sides of the dress down her body and sighed before she turned around and walked out of the room and down the stairs. Fred was pacing in the living room; it had been a few minutes too long.

"I doubt you're nervous."

Fred lifted his gaze when he heard her voice and his breath caught right in his chest. His gaze took in every inch of her with one brow raised and then he went up the length of her and images of her legs wrapped around him as he pushed her up against a wall made him break a sweat. When his eyes finally reached her face, he saw her smiling at him sweetly.

"What are you wearing?" He asked not meaning to sound angry.

Mia's smiled fell from her face.

"I said something warm." And something that makes you look like you're wearing something.

When he had seen her, he thought she had been naked until he looked closer and saw something the exact color of her skin covered her body and left a lot in the open.

"Well, to hell with warm." She said.

"You're not supposed to cuss."

"I told gave you a condition of being bad once in a while." She said as she approached him. "And tonight, I want to be bad."

He groaned when she stopped right in front of him, the look in her eyes daring him.
"Be careful what you wish for sweetheart."

She smiled. She fucking smiled.
"So, where are we off to?"

"Nowhere off the island." He held her hand in his and walked to the floor to ceiling window in the living room and he pushed one of the glasses aside which slid open.

"I didn't know that did...that." She said as they walked outside their quarters and through the concreted paved path, and the trees on either side of them, towards the beach.

The wind blew right at them, making the trees whisper to the night, and it wasn't the kind that went to your bones and made you shiver, it was the kind that went to your heart and made you want to curl up and fall asleep on the beach.

Then she saw it and stopped in her tracks. Fred stopped when she did and looked at her following her gaze and then looking back at her.
"You don't like it?"

She looked up at him and back at the beach tent and back at him.
"I love it."

He smiled.
"Good. Because I plan on falling asleep with you here tonight."

They resumed the short walk to the beach tent which looked more like a canopy bed with white nets hanging on all four posters and above as well. A thick bed in the middle with blanket and pillows. They arrived beneath the tent and Mia took off her sandal before stepping onto the plush carpet. Fred drew the net closed and helped her to the center of the bed before going around and climbing onto the other side. Mia noticed the beach lights that were usually turned on at night were off and there were electric lanterns placed randomly around the tent and white fairy lights around the posters. The net in front of them was left open because it gave a direct sight of the water which was all the music they needed.

Fred took the breakfast table from his side and placed it between them. He pulled off the stainless food covers from each plate with both hands and kept them to the side. Mia smiled at the sight of the juicy steak with a side of mashed potatoes and peas.

"Looks delicious," Mia said as Fred filled their flutes with some wine.

"Let's eat then."