9 ~ The Fundraiser

“Did my heart love till now? Forswear it, sight! For I ne’er saw true beauty till this night

“Did my heart love till now? Forswear it, sight! For I ne’er saw true beauty till this night.” –William Shakespeare

___________________________________

NICCOLE'S POV

"Oh Mr. Ivante. Hi. You shocked me. I tried looking around for you." I said breathlessly

"You look very fucking beautiful Miss. Zemira" he leaned in to whisper huskily in my ear, before nibbling at my earlobe and I jumped in shock, a zolt of electricity going through me. Holy shit! What was that?

He brought out a hand to steady me, to prevent me from falling. When I was steady, he simply placed a hand around my waist, guiding me in, smiling

"Mr. Ivante, you didn't tell me this was a party. You said it was just dinner!" I chided

"And yet, here you are, dressed for a party. You look really gorgeous Miss. Zemira. I could practically stare at you all day" he replied, guiding her into the main hall

"So what sort of party is this?" I ask, curious

"Oh it's a fundraiser. Just one of those things. Some of the most powerful men in the world are in this room. If you don't mind, I'd like to introduce you to some of my business partners"

"Um..are you sure you want to do that? I don't belong in this world nor am I interested in anything business related, plus we're not even a couple. After today, they may likely never see me again" I reason out

"Which is all the more reason why they should see you now, no? So they could boast to have seen someone this beautiful at least once in their lifetime." He teased

I blushed, not prepared for the compliment. Truth be told, I liked this freer side of him, not the holed up rich asshole, he projected as yesterday.

He veered me towards the path were Dmitri Machiavelli and Mikhail Constantinovich were talking. Two huge shots in the Order of Machiavelli. A secret but not so secret organization operating in Philadelphia.

"Holy shit! You know Dmitri and Mikhail?" I asked shocked

And he chuckled "Yes I do. We're business partners in one or two ventures. But that's not who I'm taking you to meet. It's the people after them, I want to introduce you to"

What I saw were two women and one man. one woman was older and the other one was much younger. While the man seemed middle aged, like around thirty five

"Who are they?" I asked him, as we walked closer to them, soon getting to were they were

"You're about to find out"

"Quill" the older woman beamed up, the moment she spotted him

"Hey Mom" he replied smiling

"Don't just stand over there, come give me a hug" and leaving my side, he went over to give the woman a hug

And I was shocked. Why didn't he just say it was his Mom before? Mr. Ivante was sure full of surprises. In one day, I get to be invited to a party I don't even know about, that same day, I'm introduced to his family?

Soon enough, he made the introductions. Introducing me to his mom and brother and sister. So he had a brother this big?

"Come hug me darling. You're really beautiful" his mom blustered at me, still smiling

And I humbly went into the crook of her arms, giving her a resounding hug, before stepping back

"Surely not as beautiful as you are Ma'am. You've raised up beautiful children Ma, and still look so good" I gushed. The woman was really nice.

"Haha. You flatter me Niccole. I don't look as beautiful as I once used to. So you're the one who's been keeping my Quillon away from coming to see me all this while huh? Claiming he's been busy doing office work, but deep down, I knew it was a woman." She joked, and I laughed, not bothering to correct her, that no woman, could keep Quillon away from doing whatever the fuck he wanted to do.

Suddenly, I was pushed out of the way, and at the same time, hit with a strong feminine perfume. The type that screamed expensive!

Looking back to see who had pushed me, I'm left shocked when I come face-to-face with one of the most beautiful blondes I'd ever seen in my life. My god, she was beautiful, and without a 'sorry' or anything, she immediately walked past me, into Mr. Ivante's arms and gave him a kiss, right on his lips, her hands wrapping around him.

AUTHOR'S NOTE

HEY GUYS!...♥😍😘😜🙈

so I was able to drop a new chapter of HIS BOSS' WIFE (HBW)

Pardon any typo errors, this is the first draft, I won't have the time to edit yet, until I'm done with the novel. But if you see anyone you can kindly point them out to me, in the comment section. It would be immensely appreciated.

I've decided to be updating HBW every weekend. So a chapter every week, or 2 chapters if I'm feeling up to it, or wasn't so busy that week...

So please, if you liked this chapter, don't forget to

VOTE!!
Click the empty start below, at the lower part of this chapter, on your phone.

•It's just a single star, but it goes a long way to show me how much you appreciated the chapter, and the story as a whole.

•Even if you're a silent reader, it really doesn't take much to hit the empty star! Thanks a lot!😜

COMMENT!!!
This is just as important as voting, ergo, even more important, peharps.

• Comment on parts of the chapter you loved, changes you peharps want me to effect, or what you just generally loved about the story. It's really really appreciated. And it shows me that, alright Esther, there are people out there who are genuinely reading your works, and genuinely love it.

• If it's a criticism you wish to chip in, that's fine too. As long as it's useful and constructive.

FOLLOW!!!!
Alright, so this is just as important as well. You tap on my profile from the story, and go hit the follow button to follow me, if you genuinely liked the work, or wish to learn more about me, the author.

•Also, by following me, you get to always be alerted on your page, whenever I post a new chapter update on any of my works, including this one!

Hey! hey! Before you go, where you just going to leave like that?
Have you VOTED yet?
Pls do so before you leave!

BYE BYE!!!!😜😜😜