Chapter 6: The Rescue

Diana was looking around when she just realized that she was out of the territory that she used to play around. This was not one of them and right now, she was scared. She was in deep trouble as well.

"Oh look! A big wolf there. We have to get that for the fur. It must be a lot to catch the price for that fur," the hunter said before Diana saw that there were people that were coming at them. She was desperate to get out of here but she did not know where she was going.

"Come on! It was about to get away from us. Shoot to kill, shoot to kill!" one of the hunters was calling after the others before Diana was running for her life right now.

This is the worst nightmare that I ever lived in, she mused before she was going out of the territory. She was running on her four paws and she felt like she will not live to see another day. She just knew it.

No more seeing her brother and his new wife.

No more seeing of her future niece and nephew.

No more seeing her mother and share their jokes together.

No more Arthur Adamos.

The last one was hitting the hardest in her chest as she was running for her life. She did not know where she was going, just running around before she was trapped inside the trap that has been laid by the hunters.

Damn it, she mused before she was looking around for another escape route. Where was her strength when she wanted them the most right now?

"We got it! We got it now!" she heard one of the hunters said before she was looking around. The hunters were holding their guns toward her as if they were afraid that she was going to attack them. Maybe she would but she know that she would not live another day before she died and she did not do anything that she was going to remember it by.

'I love you!' she shouted out, focusing on one person before the hunters pulled their triggers as Diana heard the guns fired.

*****

'I love you!'

Arthur heard the voice that he knew so well that he was going through the deep, murky forest. She was scared and in danger. He can hear the voice of his mate was calling out to him as if she was trying to tell the last thing in her mind.

She loved him. Diana Marchand loved him, Arthur Adamos that was not somebody. But he was somebody to her.

'I'm coming, Princess. Hold on!' he shouted out as Arthur was running through the forest and he was breathing hard when he was running on his four paws and searched for his mate's scent.

'There,' his wolf said before Arthur was going to the east before he heard the guns fired.

No, no, no! Arthur's fear was getting the best of him before he stopped at the edge of the territory. Arthur did not hesitate to get out of the territory before he was running and he smelled the scent of his mate.

'Diana!' he shouted in his mind link as his legs were carrying him to the north part of the forest. Then, he saw what was the worst nightmare that he did not want to think was true. Diana's wolf, the brown fur was covered in blood and the humans were laughing and cheering as if she was their prize.

'I will rip them apart,' he shouted before his wolf was controlling his body. He did not know why he let him do it but he was going toward the hunters and their limbs apart. Arthur was going berserk and he was not having to regret it.

'Arthur?' a faint voice was coming at the back of his mind before the black wolf that was holding the limb of a hunter was turning toward the brown wolf.