Chapter 9: The Explanation

'So...' her brother said in their mind link which Diana was sure that Arthur was hearing on the other side of their bond, 'When are you going to tell me that you're mated to one of my best friends?' Xavier asked before she sighed as she was looking at her brother.

They have gone home as Xavier and his wife, Stella, went to their respective home as well as Caleb and Damien.

And Diana went to Arthur's house that he had furnished for her.

It was so gorgeous that she fell in love instantly and they made love to christen the bed before her brother and the others came.

There was Caleb and his wife, Marina. Xavier and Stella as well as their mother and Arthur's mother, Mrs. Adamos.

Zack, Arthur's brother, was nowhere to be found. Probably on Beta's duty that her brother was supposed to. But he refused to do it until this misunderstanding was settled.

Diana put the saucer down before she was replying to him, 'Because I know that you will react like this. That's why I refuse to tell you,'

'You think that I would forbid you to be with him?'

'No. But I think you will be doing the same thing along those lines,' she said. Xavier grimaced before Stella, bless her heart, was complimenting on the house to Arthur.

"This is very nice. How much it will cost you to build this?" she said before Diana felt her mate's eyes on her.

"Nothing will cost me if it makes my mate happy," Arthur replied before Diana smiled as Xavier scowled even more.

"Alright, enough of it. Why don't you start from the start of this... misunderstanding? Surely we can come to a conclusion that satisfies everyone," Caleb said as Marina was holding his hand. Their love was shining from their gesture.

Diana ached for the same.

And so, she started, telling about how they knew that they were meant for each other at the Alpha's wedding—leaving the personal details out—and how Diana tried to resist the mating call until she nearly went crazy.

Xavier sucked his breath as he did not know that Diana was in so much pain.

"And that is why I decide that enough is enough. I want Arthur to be my mate in truth, not because he saved me but because I know deep in my heart that I was meant to be with him. No matter what people say," Diana held her gaze on her brother before Xavier was looking at Arthur and then at her.

Then, he sighed.

"Well, that was quite a story. I wonder if I can use it as an inspiration for my new novel," Stella said before Xavier scowled at his wife.

"It is not worth to be written down, love,"

"Oh, but the tragedy in them! It was so romantic," Stella said before Diana chuckled lowly. She knew that her brother will be stuck with a wife that will never submit to him. Stella was the perfect choice that Moon Goddess ever gave to Xavier.

Like Arthur for her.

"If you ever finished it, I cannot wait to read it," Diana said, supporting her sister-in-law before her brother was scowling at her. Stella smiled before she nodded as Caleb was clearing his throat.

"And so? What now? Will you make it official?" Caleb asked when Arthur was standing straight before he was addressing her mother. His mother was looking at Diana before she was smiling as an encouragement for Arthur.

If anything was to be read from her expression.

"Mrs. Marchand, I am sorry to steal away your daughter from you and did not tell you the real intention of my pursuit for her. Now that she has agreed to be my true mate, I have no other intention to make it clearer than ever."