-36-

AJ, Vladimir and Stefan speed through the forests back the Cullen's house.

"All right, there are shapeshifters in the area, be careful," AJ says, Vladimir and Stefan look at each other and a smirk formed on their lips.

"I can not wait to meet them," Vladimir says.

"Typical of you!" AJ says, it didn't take long before AJ heard the wolves howling, Vladimir and Stefan speed up leaving AJ behind to go taunt the wolves, AJ speeds up to make sure that they wouldn't hurt themselves, she launches herself into the air and lands on a branch spotting the two of them sitting on a boulder, the wolves growled at them and Vladimir whistles at them, Carlisle, Bella, Edward, Kate, Tanya and Eleazar appear.

Vladimir, Stefan, you're a long way from home." Carlisle says.

"What are they doing here?" Kate asks, AJ jumps down from the tree landing behind Vladimir and Stefan.

"Stop taunting to wolves, Vladimir," AJ says, she looks up at Kate. "And I invited them, we needed witnesses and I brought some, he also has news regarding the Volturi."

"Yes, e heard the Volturi was making a move against you, but you would not stand alone," Vladimir says.

"We didn't do what we were accused off." Carlisle states.

"We do not care what you did, Carlisle," Vladimir says, AJ hits the back of Vladimir's head.

"We have been waiting for a millennium for the Italian scum to be challenged," Stefan says.

"I told you, we're not fighting," AJ says.

"Regardless, it is still a challenge," Stefan says.

"Ugh, could you just tell them what the Volturi's been up to, Vladimir?" AJ asks, Vladimir nods his head.

"Aro has been gathering witnesses of his own, and they will be so disappointed," Vladimir says.

"They enjoy a good fight," Stefan says, Vladimir and Stefan chuckle.

"Aro's witnesses?" Eleazar asks.

"Aww, still hoping they'll listen?" Vladimir says.

"Vladimir, I will feed you to the wolves if you do not stop," AJ says, Vladimir looks up at AJ.

"You know how hard it is to control myself," Vladimir says.

"Find the control or I will compel you to behave yourself." AJ threats, Vladimir looks back at Carlisle as she jumps off the boulder, she walks up to Carlisle. "Did you get my letter?" Carlisle nods his head. "I will apologize face to face a little later."

"It's all right, you brought witnesses," Carlisle says. "Let's get back to the house." AJ could tell that he was mad at her but chose to not say it out loud, Carlisle turns around and makes his way back to the house, everyone followed behind him, they walk into the house and make their way into the living room, After Jacob had changed back into his human form and had clothes on, he joined everyone, Eleazar quickly took the centre of the room to explain what was happening.

"When Aro wants someone from a coven, it's never long before evidence turns up proving that coven committed some crime," Eleazar says.

"So he's done this before?" Bella asks.

"It happens so rarely, I never realized it was a pattern," Eleazar says.

"Apparently he always pardons one person who's thoughts he claims repentant," Carlisle says.

"This person always has an ability, and they're always given a place with the guards," Eleazar says.

"This is all about Alice, he has no one like her," Edward says.

"He has no one like AJ, either." Vladimir states. "She would be just as important."

"Could you imagine what the Volturi would be capable of if they had somebody like her on the guard?" Stefan says.

"Shut up." AJ hisses at them.

"He wants both of them," Edward says.

"Which explains why she left," Bella says, she looks at AJ. "You didn't know, did you?"

"If I had, I would have gone to the Volturi and compel them to leave us alone," AJ says.

"Why does he need witnesses?" Emmett asks.

"To spread the word that justice has been served after he slaughters an entire coven," Alistair says.

"Benjamin, Tia, we're leaving," Amun says.

"And where will you go? What makes you think they'll be satisfied with Alice and AJ? What's to stop them from coming after Benjamin next? Or Safrina or Kate or anyone with a gift? Anyone they want." Edward says. "Their goal isn't punishment it's power, it's acquisition, Carlisle might not ask you to fight, but I will." Edward looks around the room. "For the sake of our family, but also for yours and for the way you wanna live." Jacob stood from the sofa.

"The packs will fight, we've never been afraid of vampires," Jacob says, Tanya stood up with her sisters.

"We will fight," Tanya says.

"This won't be the first time I fought a kings rule," Garrett says.

"We'll join you," Benjamin says, Amun looks at Benjamin in shock.

"No!" Amun says, Benjamin looks at Amun.

"I will do the right thing, Amun, you may do as you please," Benjamin says.

"We will stand with you," Senna says as she stood.

"So will we," Sobhian says, everyone stood by this point looking at each other.

"That didn't take much," Vladimir says, AJ elbows him in the stomach.

"Let's hope it doesn't come to that," Edward says, clearly reading something in Vladimir's mind.

"We'll see," Alistair says, he walks out of the living room and Vladimir grabs AJ's shoulder.

"Was that necessary?" Vladimir asks, AJ smirks avoiding his gaze.

"It was," AJ says, she shakes his hand off her shoulder and leaves the living room going up to the bedroom she shared with Carlisle, she takes a seat on the bed and stares out the window, minutes passed before Carlisle enters the bedroom and sits down next to her. "I realize you do not like the idea of having Vladimir and Stefan so near, but they're older, and they had information regarding the Volturi."

"I know," Carlisle says. "And you were right, I would never have let you leave." AJ nods her head. "Does Vladimir know that we're married?"

"He knows," AJ says. "And he knows that I'm happy with you, I  made it clear to him that you make me happy." Carlisle turns to AJ and pushes her down onto the bed, he climbs on top of her and leans down. "Am I forgive perhaps?"

"Yes," Carlisle says, he brushes his lips against hers softly kissing her, he pulls back smiling down at her. "I should go introduce you to everyone."

"And what if I don't wish to meet them? What if just want to lay here with you?"